General Legend

Discussion in '4th Generation (2004-2012) [Acura RL]' started by garry1981, Tuesday 29th Dec, 2015.

1. garry1981 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Garry Edinburgh
    Well the legend went back to Honda to get the brakes and phone issue looked at. The brakes need a shim apparently and they can't figure out what is wrong with the phone so need to take it back after the year. Did have one niggle. Checked the trip after I picked it up and they had drove 12 miles in the car with a fuel economy of 5.9 MPG. Clearly hammered it.

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    So they put it through the mechanics "test" procedure... which I think reads something like "If it's someone else's nice powerful car, then knock yourself out, put it through it's paces!"

Muppets ! Perhaps you could highlight your observation to them so that they know that you know !

3. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
  4. Sadsack Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Mo Cheshire
    Back in the days, and I'm talking a good 12-15 years ago, there was a guy who lived two doors away from us.

He briefly worked at Mercedes and at lunch time when he came home, he was always coming home in these big expensive mercs. I remember seeing him in a cl55 AMG once and the way he drove these cars was mental!

Anyway he got the sack for having a crash one day. It really is a shame. You put your faith and trust in people and then they go and do silly things like that.

I would just go in and ask to speak to the service manager. Tell him in a nice way what you have found and if they have any explanation for this. If they try to dodge the question or get all defensive without an apology, then you need to find a new place.

5. garry1981 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Problem is, I bought the car there 3 weeks ago and still under warranty. Supposed to be the premier Honda dealer in Edinburgh. Must say apart from that the service has been excellent. Apparently they only have 2 legends that come in so if any of them are on here they will know who I am. Hey the car wouldn't have near 300hp if it wasn't meant to be used but i should be the one to use it and don't believe for a second they averaged 5.9mpg and obeyed the speed limits.

6. Nels Moderator Staff Team

I'm in the habit of taking photos of my cars just before I give them the keys. I do this with them watching. I usually say something like, "It's not a matter of trust, merely me ensuring we both know how she was when you had her"

As for trust, it's something I bestow very carefully.

I'm sure your 'little chat' with the SM will have the desired effect. :Baseballbat:

legend-ary likes this.
  7. garry1981 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thought I would give an update. Got car back today. Brakes are so much better. Got pads and discs under warranty and shims that hold the pads in place were replaced. My understanding is that they build up corrosion underneath and stop the pads moving. HFT away for repair. Even averaged 15 MPG on the road test which is normal. Looks like a good outcome

8. captain trumpy Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Captain East Sussex
    I think if this had occurred with my dealer, to say I would be very annoyed indeed would be an understatement. The least you should do is inform Honda UK asking for a full explanation. May we know the name of the dealer so to avoid them in future.

9. Blues Legend Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Mechanic at the local dealer managed to use a tree as an NSX clutch alignment tool. End of HIS career...end of customer's NSX too.