Off-Topic Let the fun & games begin....

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Malibu, Tuesday 7th May, 2013.

1. Malibu Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Every year its the same-, but just don't get what it is about a bit of sun that brings ALL the fools out of hibernation - AND there's no escape, THEY GET EVERYWHERE.... why can they just stick to 'driving' (badly) their supermarket trolleys?
    Lord give me strength to get through Summer without going insane

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Driving on the motorway lately is a total nightmare talk about lane hogging the outer passing lane now is the slow lane and the slow lane is the new passing lane :Angry: Out of Frustration people have restored undertake the lane hoggers despiste undertaking they still will not move. :telloff:

This driving economically is driving me insane every driver is doing 55-65 which get the lorries to overtake them.. This is getting out of hand it take longer to get anywhere due to these lane hoggers, I think a refresher for these people is in order.potentially media campaign to stay in the left lane.

3. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I had nightmare run to Newcastle this morning up the M1.
    Traffic is getting worse everyday.Why people slow down to have a look at the accident at the other side of the motorway?

4. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

It's called being nosey Zoran I hate drivers that do this the amount of times this causes further accidents.
    I remember travelling up the M1 in my truck one afternoon. Just after junction 26 Nottingham it started to rain lightly which in the summer caused a double rainbow across the motorway. About 50metres in front if me about 7 cars started to jump about as I got closer a hit one of the stationary vehicles and catapulted directly in front of me the only thing I could do was close my eyes and wait for the bang.!!! It never happened and I managed to avoid at least 8 cars in pieces strewn across the road. There were 3 of us in convoy and we stopped a little way past and the guy behind me said I thought you were going to hit that car it was a coat of paint away. I just said I didn't see him my eyes were shut :Aghast:. All because someone lost concentration at high speed caused total devastation and the motorway to be closed for over 5 hours.

5. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I've been driving over twenty years and people have always rubber necked accidents all that time.
    It will never change, morbid fascination human nature.

6. Doc Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Matt Peterborough
    What's worse is some of these rubber necking morons now take it upon themselves to video the accident on their mobile phones as they drive past!

If it was my choice anyone doing this would get an instant 12 month ban.

7. Malibu Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

I think driving is getting worse year by year- i am far from perfect but it drives me mad to be stuck behind so many people faffing about

8. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I think you may find now that it is against the law to do this now and there`s alsoa new fine coming in for using a mobile whilst driving £90 fine was what I read in the news recently. It can`t happen soon enough.

9. Doc Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Matt Peterborough
    Yes I know it is against the law to use a mobile phone while driving. I saw in the news a police force took details of every driver who took pictures of accidents as they drove past. They got a very polite letter telling them it was against the law to use a mobile device while driving. They are illegally operating a mobile device while driving, plus they are doing at a point when rubbernecking is likely to be high drastically increasing the chances of a further accident. Not to mention some of these are videoing fatal accidents. If I had my way they would have got a lot more than a letter in the post.

I'm glad they are looking at increasing the fine from £60 to £90. But so many people still do it, because they think they'll likely get away with it, that I don't think a fine is a suitable deterrent for such a dangerous act.

I think a lot of the culture of videoing accidents has stemmed from the media. Every news program ask for viewers to 'send in their pictures'. It's just a cheap way of the broadcaster getting news footage by turning the viewer into the reporter. Unfortunately everyone wants their 15 minutes of fame and they think by sending in their footage of death and destruction on our roads they'll achieve it, no matter how much danger they put themselves and other in.

10. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Let the fun & games begin....

They can make the fine £9000, but if they don't enforce it, it won't make a jot bit of difference.
    Remember they also fine you 3 points which should cost you more than £90 in the long run.