Off-Topic Lewis Hamilton leaves McLaren for Mercedes

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Ichiban, Friday 28th Sep, 2012.

1. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    There are no surprises he has moved,but should McLaren take all the blame for all that's happened in the last couple of seasons?

All the best LH , may be Ross Brawn can deliver the car and team for you to win.

2. Doc Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Matt Peterborough
    I personally thought he would stay at McLaren. Mercedes is not a race winning team and they don't expect to be till 2014. McLaren should have run away with the season this year, they had a strong start, but dropped right off mid season, only to finally sort thing out in he last 4 races. But it looks like it might be too little too late. Hamilton has matured in the last few years, but his split with his girlfriend last season proper messed his head up, he shouldn't have let it affect his racing the way it did.

I can't see Perez being a championship winning driver next season the learning curve will be too steep for his experience. But he is quick and I can see him challenging for a title in 2014.

3. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I knew he would leave Mclaren but always thought it would be for Ferrari or Red Bull.
    Good luck to him and hopefully it will bring him the title again.

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Ferrari have a very low opinion of Hamilton is that from a driver aspect or other factors. and even if they they won't pair him up with Alonzo.

They won't repeat the same scenario when both of them were paired up. Red bull seem happy with their two drivers.

what happens if the Mercedes car isn't competitive will Hamilton throw his tantrums?

5. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Who knows,he might do but i would like to think that he grow up and that he will just stuck in and get the job done.

6. Doc Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Matt Peterborough
    I don't think Ferrari have a low opinion of him as such. Alonso has quite a high opinion of him and they both view each other as their greatest rivals. I think it's for this reason Alonso veto'd Hamilton as a possible team mate. Alonso doesn't want anyone too good, god forbid they might beat him!! That's why when Ferrari were slating Massa earlier this season Alonso was the only one sticking up for him. :Rolf:

Ferrari want a new team mate for Alonso because they want a constructors championship, before they've always been happy with drivers championships. They need a second driver whose going to accumulate some points.

7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Yup you nailed it.

AlonsoMassa. PicNews120928. PicNews120615. PicNews120905.

Doc likes this.
  8. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Maybe he thought a change would be for the better for him and bring him success. Well Brawn Mercedes did it for Jenson but at the moment I don't see them as title contenders.
    As for Perez well he seems to be the surprise package this season and with a seasoned driver like JB as his number 1 he can only get better.
    Just sitting down to watch Japanese GP so fingers crossed for JB pity about the place drop.