Off-Topic Lexus LFA Supercars Mega Ultimate Factories

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Ichiban, Friday 13th Dec, 2013.

1. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I was swapping channels today and came across this episode and stopped to watch this .. all I wanted to see is how efficient, clean and orderly Japanese factories are and see perfection. I am not a Lexus or a Toyota fan for good reason I don't agree how the company is run by accountants.

Anyway I digress I just wanted to see their factory are and also pay respect to what Lexus has done with LFA.. well what ever little respect I had for the LFA has been eroded and I developed tourettes on what I saw.:Rant:

Basically Toyota and Lexus so called expertise could not develop the engine in house they have gone to Yamaha the bike manufacturer to make the engine which they don't have the skills inhouse .:lol::lol::lol::lol: at 26:15 seconds of the youtube clip you will see Yamaha on the engine.

Call yourself a car manufacturer :lol: more like car assembler. Honda makes all their engine in house and never goes to anyone :Thumbup: and they have never been to anyone to make their engines.

The Honda HSV-010 GT just wipes the LFA in its sleep.

SpeedyGee likes this.
  2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Toyota and Lexus should re brand their global slogan from "Always a better way" to "We don't do engineering"

3. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I didn't watch the clip but seeing as Toyota has a stake in Yamaha surely it would be wiser to have one set of professionals promoting synergy between the firms as opposed to two sets who won't share info etc.

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Shut shop and start selling cars with the Yamaha name to challenge Honda.. Why use the Toyota name for what ?

5. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Brand value I guess, Toyota is a well known trusted manufacturer. Yamaha is more well known for its bikes and musical equipment.

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Well Yamaha has more prospects and better brand equity , look beyond balance sheets and you will see Yamaha is an engineering firm .Toyota all about efficiencies and making a buck in the quest to be the biggest auto manufacturer in the world.

We all know what happened with that don't we..

Chunkylover53 likes this.
  7. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    Nothing wrong with using expertise of another group. As you said Yamaha is an engineering firm, their expertise on engines is up their with the best, they build engines for motorcycles to boats, much like Honda, and they have been co developing engines for Toyota since 2000GT.

The LFA though is an exquisite piece of machinery, it is in my top 5 all time cars, superbly engineered and there won't be another one like it ever.

8. hedleyf Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Have to agree with CJ on this one,
    Toyota engineering is toilet, recently changed pistons,pins,and rods on a yaris with only 12000 miles on the clock, one of three we have to do, the woman who owns the car was going to buy another make after her previous Toyota issues could not be solved so she is far from impressed ,it seems that not enough clearance has been left for carbon build up on top of the piston something they should have learnt 50years ago, as you say the company is run by people that don,t know one end of a car to the other and are only concerned about time management and making money.
    The long awaited GT 68 had no real Toyota engine to use so use,s a Subaru flat four although not my cup of tea it,s a proven engine even so Toyota decided to rework the head or valves and several cars dropped valves before they even got to Be delivered, says it all.
    Thousands of direct Diesel engines been replaced and are still being done, recall after recall, We heard the next diesels are going to be made by BMW because Toyota engineers can,t make a engine to run to future emission standards, I might work on them. But I certainly would not buy one.

Ichiban likes this.