Off-Topic Lexus new GS

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Ichiban, Sunday 10th Jun, 2012.

1. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Is it me or do people think the new Lexus GS series looks like German car. Everytime I look at the new Lexus I cannot see any Japanese design cues. You don't have to go far on the Honda to see Japanese styling cue ,like Katana shaped headlights and tail lamps.

All German cars look the same and insipide ,boring, and downright vulgar to me! it is a shame Lexus has to follow this path.

2. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I agree that all German cars are horrible from the ground up, but I must disagree about the new GS. I think it looks fantastic and if my budget could stretch, I would have no hesitation about chopping the Accord in for one of them

In my eyes, its one of the best looking Lexus ever built - second only to the original LS400 which is still a magnificent machine in every conceivable way.

3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I recall my boss having the older GS with the hybrid motor it provided rapid acceleration,I was totally gobsmacked :Aghast:

The previous GS at any angle you knew I was a Japanese car,this new one is a copy of a German design :Blink: I normally don't praise the posh toyotas but the German will be laughing a them for copying them.

4. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

The Germans shouldnt laugh too hard. Their cars are hardly a paragon of profitability or robustness. Lexus has both of those attributes. I still view the new GS as a great looking car and can see no element of Deutschland in it unless its wearing Continental tyres...have to disagree with you on this matey :Hey:

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I must be blind mate , but that new GS to you is a great looking car. I can't see any Japanese design I just can't :Ermm:

6. alloy36 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Are all lexus cars built in japan?

I know toyota have production plants all over but wondered about the lexus.

Been in a gs hybrid and it was very nice indeed. I do agree that the new gs looks more germanish with the led day lights, other than that its japenese enough for me.

7. Abbey Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

USA
    To me, Honda makes lovely cars. All of them are really amazing. I'm more in love with my Accord as each day goes by. I don't even look at other car makers. If anything, Honda Accord all the way and next time too. That will be some time down the road as my Accord is brand new and no plans on replacing it any time soon.

8. davemazo Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

I don`t see German or Japanese, just a nice looking car :Whistle: