Lidl Socket Set

Discussion in 'Tools & Equipment' started by SayamaAccord, Friday 9th Dec, 2011.

1. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

This socket set was advertised in the weekly e-mail I get from Lidl.

LIDL

Looks like a well stocked good quality set and the six sided sockets are very impressive although the price is more impressive still.

intruder likes this.
  2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    is it this one buddy? looks for a dissembling stuff decent price too.

LIDL

UK_67031_01_v.

3. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Yeah that's the one...looks 100% hex to me.

4. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Looks like a 1/2 and a 1/4 drive to me.

5. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

I bought one of these sets this morning...gonna keep it until Christmas day then treat is as a present from me to me haha

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    We need pictures when you start using it , I could do with a set like this just for dismantling stuff.

7. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Sure thing...I'll put some up.

It seems like a really well designed set....6 sided sockets to avoid rounding off nuts and bolts if you have to use some force...unlike most sockets in the Halfords sets which are 12 point...all sockets are metric which is all you need for Hondas, so no paying for and storing superfluous imperial sockets like you do with the Halfords sets....the ratchets are 1/2 inch and 1/4 inch as I thought which again is great because in reality these are the two I find I use not the 3/8....and a few extended sockets which sometimes come in handy in awkward places.

This item will no doubt come round again next year at Lidl if anyone doesn't go for it this time.

A good buy for £38 I thought.