Guides Lift and Support Points.

CR-V 10- [RE6] i-DTEC

1. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  2. crv2014ex Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom andy chesterfield
    Has any one tried jacking a CR-V with running boards. Do they obstruct the jacking points. How does having a tow bar affect the rear middle jacking point as the Honda towbar utilities the rear towing eye
  3. 155695 Premium Member Club Supporter

England Keith Essex
    My one has the same running boards as yours (don't get me started on their shape) and I have jacked it up a few times, the last being to put the winter wheels on it in November, so I've used all 4 side jacking points.

Absolutely no problem but if using a trolley jack, you need a high lift one given the road clearance SUVs have. I've never tried to use any other point than the 4 side ones (actually I didn't know it had one at the back), so although I've got a tow bar I can't help with that.

What I do find useful though is an ICE hockey puck with a groove cut into it that fits onto the somewhat unusual shaped jacking points with the other side fitting neatly into the jack's lifting pad. This gives a nice secure fit and prevents any damage to the car's jacking point from the jack's metal pad.