Dealers/Garages Lightcliffe Honda - I'm a VIP!

Discussion in 'Dealers, Garages & Body Shops' started by DeviateDefiant, Monday 3rd Feb, 2014.

1. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    Seriously, these marketing stunts are getting silly. I'm a VIP to a special event? Cool, I just need to confirm my reservation ...wait, you mean, contact you and book an appointment, right? Hold on, I think you're trying to sell me a car.

Yes, you want me to call you, book an appointment, view a car, and buy it.

Oh, and you shut the doors to the public so it's harder to escape :Rolf:

140203-honda-01.

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Give the man who designed that letter a gold medal :Hooray:, he put the Accord and the not the new Civic Tourer. WELL DONE my son!

made my day spot on.. eat that swindon LOL

John Dickson likes this.
  3. Dave Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I got a call from my Dealer a few months ago offering me a space at a VIP event for new cars they must have been desperate cos the cars not been in to them in the last 3 1/2 years lol although it's about to go in for the clutch when I can pluck up the courage to ring them lol

DeviateDefiant likes this.
  4. Doc Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Matt Peterborough
    I got one of these after going to my local dealer to buy a sump plug washer. :Rolf:

Standards are obviously much lower round where I live!

5. cred Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom London
    lol.. I have been receiving these 'VIP' invites for over a year now... never bothered :Bye:

6. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hopefully it's a sign of some internal resistance to the Swindon takeover! Enrol that person into AOCE immediately! Looks like we may have got an ally behind enemy lines! :Happy:

7. Pottermus Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

They go out to everyone on the database.

Funny thing is, people do believe they are hand picked for an invite.

8. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

I got the same "VIP" letter from two local dealers in the same week...both claiming that the "special" event was specifically for their dealership! :Epic Fail:

9. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Its a standard templated letter that all Honda dealers use and do a mail merge and print out in mass scale, it targeting customers who don't visit the dealer a lot !

10. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

I forgot to mention, I got another one of these through on Saturday with the tagline "Exclusive event, it's back, due to popular demand".

This one also had shots of the Accord on it, so I can't complain too much.

11. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I received a letter from Vertu recently thanking me for my custom... The bottom of the letter had a picture of all Honda models lined up including the Accord - a 7th Generation! not that there's anything wrong with the 7th Gen but it's a bit of a gaffe including it in the current line up 6 years after it was replaced! :Epic Fail:

DeviateDefiant likes this.
  12. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    14 reg cars have been out for some weeks now and TILL date I have not seen a Civic Tourer let alone Civics.. all I see in Honda is Jazz and CR-V's.

Lets admit it Civic are not selling and if they are selling they are all in one area !

13. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I've seen 1 Civic Tourer on the road 14 reg. The only other 14 Reg Honda I've seen is a Jazz someone at work has put in their 11 reg Jazz for a 14. They're just not selling the numbers and what they do seem to be repeat custom which yes is good for the brand quality and reliability image but not something that can be relied solely on.

Taking the axe to a core model will also render the repeat custom largely non existent. I'm surely not the only one that would struggle find another Honda model to replace the Accord if it does get the chop.

The Civic has 2 major flaws.

1) The looks

2) The price

When you consider 2 and the further fact that your getting a heavily refreshed FN2 and not a brand new car that will put people off. What it does do however is highlight what value for money the Accord really is

14. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

I've not seen a Civic estate (Tourer? Really?! Come on Honda, give us a break!) on the road yet, but around here there are lots of current gen Civics on the road, and plenty of CR-Vs too. Went to a local National Trust place last Friday afternoon for a walk, and the car park was just loaded with various ages of Jazz too...more than 10 that I could see just in the small bit of car park that we were in!

Virtually never see another 8th Generation Accord...:Unknown:

15. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I got one today from the above dealer a bit late ! :Wassat:They used to be Lookers Warrington before

16. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

I got another a few days ago too.