Electrical & Lights Lights

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by Ray Ambrose, Friday 22nd Nov, 2013.

1. Ray Ambrose Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Ray Cambridge
    Looked at the rear light clusters on my car and noticed moisture in one of the clear plastic light assemblies. It comes and goes but seems to be getting worse. Don't know what the position is with MOT, or if even the new warranty I have taken out with honda covers it, however, got till August 2014 before the test is due...

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    It natural condensation partly due to the heat generated by the tungsten bulbs and cold air. You have concern if there is dripping water . Change the bulbs to Led and smear a light coating of petroleum jelly on the holders and ensure they lock into position. :Wink:

3. oyo2 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi. I had my nearside rear light fill up with water . Sent an e-mail and photos to my local Honda dealer and they replaced it with no fuss at all.

4. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Ray it won't fail MOT as long as they work correctly. Only headlamp patterns get messed up with condensation and fail MOT.

5. rhinogolf Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

york
    2hrs for my mechanic to change both bulbs in low dip what a joke £48 plus £26.99 for GE Megalight Ultra +120% Premium Bulb 448 x 1lucky buy 1 get 1 free thought the 7th Generation was bad but this is a complete joke, i gave it a go on sat through the side fender gave up after 1hr, he took bumper and wheels off why do they make changing a bulb so difficult

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    It would have been easier to change the bulb if the car was on hoist rather than the ground, it will take not more then 15 minutes for each side if the car in to his waist and standing up and easier.

If technician don't work on a particular car then they are not aware of short cuts. Why they make changing bulbs so difficult? the new NCAP safety ratings ,making the cars safer for pedestrian and Car manufacturer want you to visit their dealership to change them.

I did a DIY thread on the 8th Generation HID replacement and the inner fender removal is clear to see the car is lifted.

Technicians also need to up their game not all cars are made the same.:Wink:

7. rhinogolf Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

york
    It's still a complete joke a Honda dealer wants £69.99 per bulb, halfords aren't daft advertise £6.99 a bulb sorry sir we won't touch a Honda.

8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    70 quid.. :Aghast: I am in the wrong trade! Halfords well at that price you can't get quality only smart@rse remarks.

If someone is planning to do a bulb change and has time use a high lift jack and get the car high and remove the wheel on the side access will be easier from the fender lining