Engine & Gearbox Limp home mode

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by jeffers, Friday 3rd Aug, 2012.

1. hello all, my car recently has been stuttering while driving, then on tuesday all dash lights came on VSA, engine managment,and car went into limp home mode,any ideas what problem could be.will get car diagnostics read ASAP.

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Hi what has changed on the car since the car developed a problem?

3. Hello ichiban, my friend changed the fuel filter about month ago,he is a mechanic, do you think it could be air.

4. Doc Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Matt Peterborough
    Was it an original Honda fuel filter??

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    If you didn't go for the genuine fuel filter it a case of changing it , your is a 2007 model make sure you have sufficient fuel in the tank so it can prime the filter.

6. Yes mate only use genuine honda parts,restarted car lights off now ,but still very slight stutter now and then , waiting for code read,will it pick anything up if it is air in system

7. Hello, quick update ,codes taken,throttle position error, forgot to ask what the code numbers were,do i need whole new accelerater pedal,or a separate sensor.

8. Doc Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Matt Peterborough
    Has your mate moved the throttle position sensor unit, cable, or wiring to it to get better access to the fuel filter? Could possibly be a poor electrical connection or the throttle cable might not have been reinstalled in the correct position. If it's stuttering I would lean towards the electrical connector first.

9. rioma77 New Member Getting Started

Before few month I have the same problem. Limp mode and all light on. The problem whose APP sensor. The error codes were P1248 i P2138 Accelerator pedal position sensor incorrect voltage correlation. I buyed APP sensor in USA for about 50 pounds while in Croatia the same one is 200 pounds. Now I have to try to buy somewhere shorter belt 04301-RBD-305 and 31114-PGK-A01

10. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I won't spend a penny on the diesel Honda untill you know those DTC error have a purpose behind them.

11. andy1970 New Member Getting Started

Hi all.Newbie here.I have the same problem 2007 2.2 ctd.Car seems to splutter when driving now the engine warning light and VSA light have come on and the car has gone into limp mode.The car has been into honda in Chester and they have told me the fault code is showing the app sensor.Have been quoted over £300 for repair.They said they would have to clear this fault before they can check for any other problems.Does this sound right to the experts on here?Thanks

12. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    My advise clear the fault away and see if it come back in two week , if you can come to Leeds I will do it for you for free.

13. andy1970 New Member Getting Started

Thanks for the quick reply Ichiban.The fault has happened about 5 times.After about 3 restarts of the engine the VSA light goes off and car can be driven again it doesnt seem to have any pattern it can do 100 miles before it happens or sometimes only 10 miles.But when it does run there is a definate splutter(it feels like its missfiring).Thanks very much for the offer you are a gent.Could the sensor cause a splutter and is this fault something you have heard of before?Thanks again matey.

14. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    what is the code you got from the dealers , spluttering could potentially another thing totally. can't say a lot without looking at the car :Unknown: