Off-Topic Linux and Buffalo Linkstation. Help required

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by davemazo, Wednesday 25th Apr, 2012.

1. davemazo Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Does anybody have any experience of Linux, specifically when installed on a Buffalo Linkstation network hard drive

I have just bought the Linkstation from AVforums and managed to install the OS with a lot of help from the seller. I then installed SABnzb to download from newsgroups (again with help from the seller).You can probably gather by now that I`m no expert.

Anyway I downloaded some back episodes of Would I Lie To You and Not Going Out (I`m a big fan of both shows) but for the life of me I can`t find them on the NAS. They are definitely there but obviously in some hidden folder. Is there any way to unhide these folders in Linux. I`ve tried all the settings in SABnzb but got nowhere. I even dabbled with something called Putty for Linux but that made my head hurt.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Last edited: Wednesday 25th Apr, 2012
  2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Dave are you sure the newsgroup files completed the downloads?

3. davemazo Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks CJ, I forgot about this thread. I managed to sort it using a Linux dos type program called Putty. I found the downloads in a folder that was hidden for some reason in windows explorer but I could find them using Putty. With the help of the seller from Avforums I managed to create some folders that are viewable in windows explorer so I`m all sorted now but I don`t claim to fully understand how it all works

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Good result, once you get your head around Linux its great.

5. davemazo Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Think I`ll leave it to the experts. My head was hurting after a while

6. Mikem Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

7. davemazo Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks Mike I`ll have a look but unless I have to reinstall the software to my Linkstation I doubt I`ll be looking at Linux again