Body, Paint & Styling Lip Kit

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by balllus, Wednesday 24th Sep, 2014.

1. balllus Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Marcin
    hello guys,
    I'm looking for a LipKit to my accord after FL. Is there a different type of it for diesel engine ?
    Do you have any UK sellers with stuff like that ? I tried to find something on ebay but all I found is prefacelift parts

2. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    Posts merged below from another thread:

Which lip kit are you after @balllus? The A-Spec you can order from our club dealer (into Europe as well) and Mugen Facelift (or the VIS replicas) are fairly easy to get hold of.

3. balllus Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Marcin
    Any of them. I just think custom look is a little bit boring. I know dealers got it on stock but it is bit expensive so I was thinking more about replicas. There is few on ebay, but for PFL

4. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

Yeah other than side-skirts you need to use Facelift lips to fit onto the bumpers correctly, VIS replicas are probably the cheapest then. Where in the world are you?

5. balllus Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Marcin
    Uk :Wink:

6. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

Hmm, the thing is with shipping from the states on the VIS kits, you'll likely be around £1,200, the A-Spec kit from Holdcroft would work out cheaper (though not sure on current prices). The genuine Mugen kit is around the £2,000 mark with shipping, though that can go a couple of hundred either way depending on sources.

7. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

Just merged in earlier posts from the other thread.

All Facelift bodykits will fit the Facelift I-CDTI fine, however with the rear lips you'll have two big gaps for the exhaust ports which wouldn't be utilised.

There's nothing much in the way of UK sellers at all, just the ones you see on eBay UK from the Eastern Europeans - as you say mostly PFL replicas of Mugen parts.

You can get genuine Mugen parts from any UK authorised dealer which is quite pricey, or get them shipped from Japan which incidentally works out slightly cheaper. VIS Mugen replicas are the cheapest but again you'll have to pay shipping from the states.

You do have the option of the Euro-R/Type-S bodykit (like my car) or A-Spec from Honda, there's also the rare JDM modulo bumper which is getting quite hard to find and I'm not sure dealers will be able to get them anymore (you occasionally find them from UK breakers):

ns38.

J's Racing full kit (again JDM import) are almost unknown here and I don't know of a single one in the UK yet, but should still be available from Japan:

IMG_13352.

Lastly, the rare Phase S-Tai full bumper (later known as the Spoon S-Tai, once they brought out Phase), will cost more than a few pennies to source one, AFAIK there are none left in Japan and all out in the wild:

5592399530_fa9c46481b_b.

You can look into Pre-Facelift options, but would require front and rear bumper swaps to do so - that however is by far the cheapest route overall.

balllus likes this.
  8. balllus Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Marcin
    so I will keep eye on eBay and try to shoot second hand lip or something. I think your kit and A-spec looks better then others. thanks for this answer. really helpful

DeviateDefiant likes this.
  9. toyboy New Member Getting Started

Spain Madrid
    This one ?! Screenshot_2015-08-31-00-21-45-2.

10. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

That's just the OEM Pre-Facelift Euro-R/Type-S lip kit with a Mugen style grill and custom paint around the fog lights.

toyboy likes this.