Electrical & Lights List of all Bulbs on Pre-Facelift Tourer

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by Heckler, Sunday 26th Jul, 2015.

1. Heckler Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

I've been looking for a definitive list of all the bulb types used on my car as I have been known to do some full colour swap outs in the past... My old MX6's had green lighting, and I did one in blue and one in red with great effect. I'm not looking to add colours this time,, just clean up the look and get away from the horrible yellow lighting by switching to LED's where possible.

I came across this guide LED Light Conversion which has proved useful for a few things. But I can't find a definitive list of all the bulbs used on the car in one place.

I've found some interesting types of LED's that would look good for the interior, was thinking of adding footwell lights for when doors are opened for example

2x 31mm COB 12V 12Chips SMD LED White Dome Festoon Interior Panel Light Bulb | eBay
    10 x T10 36 SMD COB 168 Car LED Panel Interior Lamp Festoon Dome Reading Light | eBay

It's not something I plan on doing immediately... but I was planning on acquiring bulbs here and there and was certainly going to replace all interior ones with LED's, as well as sidelight, foglight, reversing light and so forth. Will probably upgrade the projectors to HID at some point too.

Anyway... here's a few pics of what I've done in the past... Every single light shown was at one point white or green, including the AC panel... now that one was a pain in the butt to get done.

IMG_0030.JPG IMG_0042.JPG IMG_0040.JPG S1034250. IMG_0035. IMG_0365.JPG IMG_0207.JPG IMG_0384.JPG IMG_0209.JPG IMG_0211.JPG

Ichiban likes this.
  2. Heckler Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Additionally, I can't find guides on how to remove covers and get access to a lot of the bulbs. For the door puddle lights, do I need to remove the door panel or does the cover come off? Same with overhead lights, boot lights and so forth. If I can trace the wiring behind the dash for the door switch, I could wire in some footwell lights down the road.

3. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    I don't think we have that info in one place, unfortunately.

A few different people have done LED bulb changes and posted them in their own Project Logs.

IIRC the covers should come off all the areas that you mentioned. No need to take the door panel off.

Heckler likes this.
  4. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    I've done all of my interior LEDs, but haven't done the consoles/gauges at all. It's mostly T10 and then the larger wedge style for the map lights if memory serves! I'm yet to sort out footwell lighting but it's on my list of things to do.

Look forward to seeing what you come up with @Heckler.

Heckler likes this.
  5. Heckler Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

I'll be buying bits and pieces over the next few months... Need to measure up a few places to see if the bulbs I want will fit. Managed to get the map light cover off ok, the visor light was easy and I see what you mean about the door puddle lights.

6. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    All the bulbs are really easy to access to be honest, from memory there's the map, courtesy, 2 doors and the boot for interior. Then the two front side lights and two rear numberplate lights are definitely T10 as well.

Heckler likes this.