Electrical & Lights Little Blue Light

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by barry, Thursday 15th Nov, 2012.

1. barry Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi All,
    It has just come to my attention that there is a little blue light next to the interior light (windscreen one)
    and it comes on when I switch the lights on WHY!:Whistle:
    The dashboard tells me lights are on:Aghast:
    looking through the windscreen at night I can clearly see the road,:Search:
    And the car beeps if you try to get out and leave the lights on:Unknown:
    So what is the little BLUE light for....while I wait :Tea:.
    love these emoticons..

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    EDIT wires crossed yet again.. NEVER come across the above..

However I like the blue led in the middle of the two maps lamps.I love this feature in pitch black surrounding the light emitted by the blue LED is sufficient for you to see the gear shift knob and its surroundings. It come really handy when I am attaching my iPhone and its sufficient for me to plug the cable in.

Its mini spot light and blue intensifies the centre console, a little nice touch by Honda. I love it and on the prefacelift I am sure the blue courtesy lights on the foot wells is brighter.

3. Adamk Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Derby
    i also think its pretty cool iv got them in the footwells aswel which i didnt notice for a good month or two.the new vauxhall astra do this aswel think other cars do them now also

4. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Took me a YEAR to notice the footwell lights. It was when I was wearing white trainers that I saw them. All my other footwear is black so never batted an eyelid until I saw my white trainers suddenly havinga blue hue to them while at a set of traffic lights! :telloff:

5. Adamk Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Derby
    i always wear white trainers thats probs why i noticed it a bit earlier lol iv changed all my bulbs to white now so makes the car look so much fresher inside now

6. barry Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Now I see,it all parden the Pun

7. Nick Allen Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Mine is red in colour hadn't noticed it till i read this,, will have a look for the footwell ones..

8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds

The red one for on the Type-S,ES GT and EX-GT grades even your speedo will be red.

9. black-hawk Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I wondered what thw blue light was, I thought it was a warning or failure indication, and a mate in white trainers pointed the footwell lamps out to me just last night.

10. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I really like them !they were accessories on the 7th Generation and being standard on the 8th makes it sweet!

11. Doc Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Matt Peterborough
    Accessories on the 7th Generation you say. Hmm, may have to look into that. :Wink:

12. brock Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hants
    Has anyone replaced their Red or blue footwell lights with anything brighter? Mine are really dull and harldy noticable unless you look underneath. They would look much better being brighter.

13. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    On the prefacelift remove the lower panel an get the bulbs outside it casing it will be brighter.

14. brock Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hants
    Ah thanks for that. I looked today with a view to pulling them through the lower panels. When I checked the red LEDs were clipped behind a blue plastic mount that had a lens so thick the light barely shone through. It was just a simple job of drilling out the center of the lens so the LEDs shone through with no restriction.
    They now look great!! Well worth doing.
    Cheers again.

15. leonmk Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I too would like to remove the blue casing over the footwell lights to make them brighter. How do I remove these?

16. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Driver Side

Remove the driver's dashboard undercover.
    Disconnect the 2P connector (A) from the driver's footwell light (B).
    Remove the footwell light

AOCUK Ambient footwell lights driver side.JPG

Passenger's Side

Remove the passenger's dashboard undercover.
    Disconnect the 2P connector (A) from the passenger's footwell light (B).
    Remove the footwell light.

AOCUK Ambient footwell lights passenger side.JPG

When you remove the LED unit you will see a transparent oval lens cover remove them without causing too much damage. Once its off just put the unit back and you will have brighter footwell lights.

17. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Do these panels just pull off or is there some other trick??

18. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Well the guide above is more for people aware how panels on Honda are held together but for an easier method for the driver side you have to remove the dashboard driver's pocket once that is off you can just pull the covers off at each corners easily.

To remove the dashboard driver's pocket

Detach both pivots (A) by pulling the bottom of the driver's pocket (B) back.

Lower the pocket to pull the stop portions (C) off the dashboard lower cover (D).

AOCUK Dashboard Driver's Pocket Removal.JPG