Tyres & Wheels LKAS error on Dash

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by nesako, Thursday 31st Mar, 2016.

1. nesako Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom nesako Edinburgh
    Sorry for posting on an old topic, but I have a 7th Generation Accord with ADAS (cannot image a car without it now), but I get this error message in way more situations (for me it says "ACC LKAS Check System" on the Dash). Simply restarting the engine fixes the issue, but when driving at high speed (70MPH and over) it seems to cut off quite often, especially on sharp corners, while under some metal construction bridges and, while it could be a co-incidence, when a speed camera radar on the road checks my speed. I was driving on a straight highway and inside 100 miles it failed 5 times. It does fail even when the system is not active, so really annoying. Maybe anyone could think of any other reasons why it could be happening? IMG_1560.JPG
    - - - Updated - - -
    Just realised maybe I should have posted this on the 7th Generation Forum, just this topic is the as close as it gets to my issue...

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Have you had a minor bump on the front bumper even a low impact as low as 2 miles an hour, have you changed the front windscreen?

3. nesako Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I believe the issue was there since the day I got the car, but since I rarely go on highways it took me a while to notice it was happening. I was also thinking that maybe front windscreen has been changed at some point by previous owner (no apparent damage to bumper) and camera potentially need recalibration. I was also considering to get the diagnostics tool to see if I get any error codes back (they do not cost that much these days) but not sure if it is worth it and whether I would get anything useful out?

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Hi mate you can buy a clone HDS and try removing the LKAS code but if it keeps on coming back the fix will NOT be cheap or easy these are are tricky to set up and only main dealers have the calibration tools( Which are loaned from Honda UK) the labour it self will kill you.

Once you get the codes I will assit where I can

5. nesako Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hey guys,

I thought you MAY have fun decrypting this, so revived this old post...
    In general, the car is running great, though due to age (9 years) had to replace the lower suspension arm during MOT... and second arm will need replacement next year probably, but anyhow, plan is to move to CR-V by then anyway, so new owner will have to do it.

I tried moving wheels from the back to front to see whether this LKAS thing is affected (so now I have 2x same brand tires on the front axle, but two different brands on the back), and hey ho, massive difference - now it fails as soon as I hit 50mpg, no exceptions or delays lol could someone advise which exact wheels are monitored to track the cars speed? I have a feeling this is to do with mismatch of engine / tire rotation speeds...in general I know that speedometer is 2 miles off when driving at 70mpg , actual speed is 68mph, even though I am using supported tire sizes of R17 225/45

I do not want to spend any more money on this car, so do not really want to trial with having all 4 tires of the same brand on, to be honest, given the change after tires have been moved, it could solve the issue, but if it does not, I would just waste money for nothing.

The fun bit, I have done the paperclip trick and got loads of flashing lights to show up. I can see error codes 8 form CAM, 21 + 28 from LKAS, but maybe you can see something else ey?

Thanks and have a great week guys!