Tyres & Wheels LKAS error on Dash

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by Ichiban, Sunday 6th Nov, 2011.

1. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    A few 8th Generation owners have gone into dealers with a fault on the dash with The LKAS warning light on.The root cause has been down to a mismatch of brand and tyre specification across the same axle . This will cause a difference in speed causing the warning.

So if you get an error you as the owners have to ensure the same brand, same model, same dimension and the same speed and load index. A tyre with a higher speed & load index will have a stronger sidewall which will affect the overall diameter of the tyre.

if you are going for larger diameters alloy wheels, or just a replacement stick to OEM tyres on your ADAS equipped accord.

Alternatively please consult with your dealer with tyre option,Honda has a list of approved tyres for safe operation of the LKAS system.

Also have a look at 8th Generation Tyre Selection

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    ADAS owners considering to buy new tyres please take note of this advise.

3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I have just covered 25K on the original set of Bridgestone tyres and next month she getting four new shoes, I will stick with Bridgestone or Yokohama. The one which goes on is based on what deal I can get.