Body, Paint & Styling Lock replacement

Discussion in '3rd Generation (2007-2015)' started by iwaters, Wednesday 27th Feb, 2013.

1. iwaters Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

My wife has gone and lost her keys walking the kids to school. Because the keys were lost near the house I am worried that someone can now just walk around pressing the unlock, find a flashing car and drive off in the Jazz. I have temporarily disabled it but I now need to replace the locks. What parts do I need to do a replacement? Obviously doors, boot, glovebox(?) locks and ignition barrel. Do I need a new ECU or can a new barrel be coded to the existing ECU?

Any ideas? Other than divorce :Thumbup:

- - - Updated - - -

No worries, keys have been found!

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Hi Iwater,

Good news !! Just case this happens again make you can go into Honda dealer with your V5 and ID they can request the same key from parts and then code the key to your car which negates the need for new locks , key barrel or ECU.

It also does mean the car will need to brought to the dealer for coding on a tow\bedbed. if you have breakdown cover from home then you should be OK otherwise you have to foot the bill for tow charge.

The key from Honda is approx 30 quid another 30 quid for coding it.

3. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Can they delete the old key?

4. iwaters Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks both. The main worry I had was not replacing the key but someone finding the lost one and nicking the car. It was lost on the walk to school which isn't far so wouldn't have taken much to walk around pressing the unlock button looking for flashing indicators.

Thankfully they were found.

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I don't think so as the transponder is married to a challenge code and that is cross verified when its coded to the key or a new blank key.

This is one area I don't completely clued up on and if there is a delete option to enter a new challenge code.. but will soon learn it. I have a morbid fear of losing keys for such reasons so touch wood never encountered this situation to learn more about it..

The good thing is you have found your key.