General Lock up garages

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dbrooks65, Sunday 18th May, 2014.

1. dbrooks65 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Scotland Dave glasgow
    I've been trying to get a lock up near my house for years with no luck so far.

It's surprised me just how much of a demand there is. Every garage I enquire about I'm told there is a waiting list - adding my name and sitting it out seems to be the only option.

Is it the same everywhere or am I just unfortunate to be living in a neighbourhood of petrolheads and tinkerers who want a man cave?

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    A house with a big garage is an option matey..you can get storage lot for classic cars but again that shared with other cars with limited ability for tinkering.

3. dbrooks65 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Scotland Dave glasgow
    If my numbers come up CJ then a new house with a big garage would be on the cards..................probably followed by divorce as my wife would be a garage widow. :Smile:

Not sure if the link will work but this fella had the right idea - multi-millionaire by renting out lock up garages.

King of the lock-up garage - FT.com

Ichiban likes this.
  4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Out with the old in with the new matey :Niceone:

5. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Ask local businesses like corner shops etc, chances are they'll have a garage which nobody uses, all you may have to do is fix it up a little but you always gets rent reductions as a result.