Service & Maintenance Locking/Door Pins

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by Mikey D, Thursday 10th Apr, 2014.

1. Mikey D Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi, how do you remove/swap the door pins on a 7th Generation accord? Must be easy. If I've ever tried on a car I owned before, they just screwed off? But I tried to give them a little twisty earlier and they seemed pretty fixed? Don't want to force them. I just tend to often catch it with my elbow. Just looking to swap them for a set a little less obtrusive. Anyone know if they twist off?

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    You know what my driver door on the 7th Generation is making noises and it the door extender.:Search: Beefy you have done a few can you give pointers bud.

3. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    I'm sure I've taken mine off previously, don't remember them being a problem. I'll have a look at the weekend see how they come off.

4. Mikey D Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

@SpeedyGee have you managed to have a look mate?

5. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

Actually re-reading your original post I'm unclear which bit we are talking about.

Are you talking about the lock pin at the top of the door that locks and unlocks the car ?

If so, then I've not taken those off so can't advise sorry.

6. Mikey D Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

They're the ones. No probs.

7. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    Bump, and a tag for @Beefy to see if he has any advice.

8. Beefy Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Stoke
    you need to take the door pad off the door as it is fixed to a rod that extends down on to the catch. cj you need a new checkstrap as the pivot has worn slack and clicking

DeviateDefiant and Ichiban like this.
  9. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

So is the the plastic pin screwed onto the rod or just pushed on and glued @Beefy ?

10. Beefy Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Stoke
    far as i can remember it is formed on to it and a part of the rod. i havnt tried to unscrew one to be honnest, never needed to separate one? its only a 5 min job to remove a door pad so worth taking it off to find out. i would not advise just pulling it or even twisting as it could deform the rod and/or break the latch mechanism and cause locking issues

Mikey D likes this.