General Logo compatibility with Civic parts.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by chris2982, Wednesday 24th Aug, 2016.

1. chris2982 Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Chris Rowlands Gill
    Hi all,
    After a bit of info.

How compatible is the Logo with the Civic. Are they the same chassis or totally different.
    Mainly looking into suspension at the moment but will also interested in what other bits may fit.

Cheers.

2. Zebster Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom .
    I'd simply compare the relevant part numbers using the LingsHondaParts.com website, they do cover the Logo (I just checked).

The part numbers shown there aren't actually Honda part numbers, by the way, but can readily be converted if you need to... One way is to delete the four characters '_pfk' from the URL when looking at the exploded schematic diagrams. Hope that makes sense!

3. chris2982 Premium Member Club Supporter

Would they not have a different number for different cars even though if is the same part??

4. Zebster Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom .
    I really don't know, but I don't see why they'd be different! Maybe you could test that theory by comparing the given part numbers for parts that you absolutely know are the same?

5. chris2982 Premium Member Club Supporter

Definitely worth a shot.. cheers @Zebster

6. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    Even if the parts are different, sometimes they can still fit the car, for example Mitsubishi Evo suspension would fit the Colt. Depends really on the part and it will be trial and error.

7. qc2 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom quince Bromley
    one method i use to check compatibility across models is by using aftermarket parts catalogues/part numbers. for instance brakes i'd check EBC or Ferrodo, suspension I'd check KYB. the likes of nipparts and blueprint would cover a host of different parts to reference also.

8. BB Baboonface Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom James Chesterfield
    Was looking at parts diagrams for the Logo. They seem pretty unique, struts up front, but the control arms and knuckles look to be specific to the Logo and its variants. The rear has a sub frame arrangement with stub axles, like a Clio or similar, but not seen another Honda design that is comparable.
    There are at least coilovers for them out there, not sure about aftermarket camber adjustment, bushings and braces etc.