General Logo Update

Discussion in 'Imports & Worldwide' started by Sprockutt, Monday 13th Apr, 2015.

1. Sprockutt Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom David East Kilbride
    So after a winter of commuting I can happily report that the little Logo hasn't missed a beat. She still bursts into life with the first turn of the key and has delivered me to and from work without a hint of any problems.

I've even taken to tracking the MPG over the last few fill ups and the average consumption is sitting at 41.4 MPG. This has been increasing steadily as we get out of the colder weather and I have also started altering my routes to and from work. The last brim to brim reading worked out at 45.1 MPG which I was delighted with given that around 60% of that was urban stop/start. The last 1400 miles has worked out a cost per mile of £0.12.

Logo (Honda Logo) | Fuelly

The all round visibility, size, flickability for changing lanes, low down torque and heated mirrors have all contributed to as stress free a cheap journey as you could hope to wish for. My mates still of course think I'm completely insane for even considering to drive a 'wee granny' car but I couldn't care less. It ticks all the boxes for me and I'm even treating it to a set of Enkei J-Speeds (see pic in garage update) with a new set of tyres all round. This should help the slightly skittish handling which is fun when your chucking it into roundabouts and corners but the standard 13" 175 tyres don't exactly inspire confidence. The 14" 195's I'll be putting on the Enkei's should offer a much more planted feel around corners when the roads are a bit wet or greasy.

My wife who is not a fan of old cars at all even enjoys taking the Honda out. She finds it great for jumping down to the local shops and parking etc without having to worry about it. The other thing she is impressed with is the brakes. I don't have a print out of all the work done over the years while it's been in being serviced at Honda but the full braking system is in first class order. It has better more confidence inspiring brakes than the Yeti or the MX5. Also I've never had to use the ABS but it is also reassuring that such an old car has this as a back up as well.

So a big thumbs up from me for my little oddball Logo:Thumbup:

Ichiban, Nels and numpty67 like this.
  2. Nels Moderator Staff Team

I really like your Logo. Those new alloys should look great on her and as you say, 'offer a much more planted feel'.

Sprockutt likes this.
  3. Sprockutt Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Check out the new pics in my Logo Project log with the alloys fitted to the car. What a difference in looks and handling...the 195 tyres and new rubber have transformed the car with much less road noise and improved feel. Delighted!!

4. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Great to see them finally fitted and read that they have improved the handling with new tyres. :Grin:

Sprockutt likes this.
  5. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

I'm sensing (and seeing) a whole lot of love for your Logo :Wub:. The wheels look great, and the condition - superb!

Have to say if I saw a nice (automatic) one locally, I might be tempted...:Smile:. Would be good for going to and from the station, although not sure what I'd then do with the CR-V :Laughing:

Sprockutt likes this.
  6. Sprockutt Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

My Logo has proved itself to be an eager and extremely capable little commuter but it can't compete with the CR-V for quality and opulence. I've just checked out your's and it's a lovely car. My Mother-In-law has just bought a 2.0 S 2WD. So effortless to drive and much more room than our Yeti. If we don't buy an HR-V in the summer we will just hang off and buy the CR-V from my Mother-in-law when she inevetibaly changes again next year :Smile:

7. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

Suggest you check it out again on Monday...:Laughing:

I'm saying nothing else :Wink:

Sprockutt likes this.
  8. Sprockutt Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I'll remember and check out your garage on Monday!

FirstHonda likes this.