United Kingdom David East Kilbride
    Ichiban likes this.
  2. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    She's in great condition for her age!

Sprockutt likes this.
  3. Sprockutt Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

She certainly is but with a little TLC she'll look as good as new. My to do list..

• Full valet and engine bay detail (done)
    • All hinges etc re-greased and locks oiled (done)
    • Clean and treat all rubber seals with Gummi Pfledge (done)
    • Have slight scrape on panel behind near side door repaired and painted (RM Bodywork)
    • Source a replacement rear bumper. Considered having the original painted but the rubber insert has a few little nicks in it. So might make more sense to have a better replacement bumper painted.
    • Front bumper offside has a few scrapes but is in good condition overall. Will most likely have the full bumper re painted. But will discuss with bodyshop (RM Bodywork)
    • Source a replacement passenger sun visor as original is a bit droopy and won't stay fixed in place.
    • Fit my rare JDM 14" Enkei J-Speeds with a full new set of Dunlop Sport BluResponse tyres and stick them on the car.

4. Duc de Pommfrit Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Chester Northumberland
    Thank you @Sprockutt, Gummi Pfledge, couldn't remember the name! Order now placed.

Sprockutt likes this.
  5. numpty67 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Nels and Sprockutt like this.
  6. Sprockutt Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Excellent! The only lights I had found on eBay were very expensive and in Denmark. But the one in an Edinburgh breakers looks decent as well so might take a wee trip over for the lights, bumper & visor. Will call them tomorrow to ask for a price for the lot.

Thanks again

Cheers,

D

7. Sprockutt Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

image. image. image. Upgraded the headlight bulbs today. A refreshingly easy task although I thought I might have had to remove the battery for better access to the offside headlight. But turned out fine and only took 10 mins or so.

The bulbs claim a 100% improvement in lighting performance. Not so sure that will be the case but with so much driving in the dark at this time of year any improvement will be welcome. image. Here are the set of 14" J-Speeds I'm going to stick on the car at some point. Although might just leave them off until springtime now.

Ichiban, Nighthawk and numpty67 like this.
  8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Belting alloy wheels.

Sprockutt likes this.
  9. numpty67 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hi, don't know if you have seen these brochures;

Got brochures from this guy before, very reasonable cost and always great condition.

Honda Logo Access brochures.

Sprockutt likes this.
  10. Sprockutt Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Have just checked his eBay shop and not only does he have the Logo brochures he also has JDM Eunos and Miata brochures as well. Thanks for the tip! :Grin: @numpty67

numpty67 likes this.
  11. Sprockutt Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Finally got a set of tyres and some new valves for my J-Speeds. I'm delighted with the way the wheels transform the car.

16931724104_cd7cdf146a_z.

16931718994_cfd03cd3a2_z.

17554294205_f85166ba8f_z.

12. numpty67 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

The Logo is looking great, the wheels suit the car really well. We will need to have another mini meet, then we can do a before and after shot, and throw in the S-MX for good measure! :Grin:

Sprockutt likes this.
  13. Sprockutt Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

The Logo is booked to go into IA Bodyshop in Rutherglen on Thursday 21st to have the dent/damage behind the passenger door repaired. And to catch a little bit of corrosion on the rear arches before it gets a chance to take hold. Once this is done I'm going to finally add my Honda Karma stickers and my new carpet mats from Holdcroft. So once this is done it would be great to meet up and take a few pics. :Thumbup:

numpty67 likes this.
  14. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Looking fab with the J-Speed alloys and new tyres. This is one well loved Logo :Smile:

Sprockutt likes this.
  15. numpty67 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Sprockutt and Nels like this.
  16. Sprockutt Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I had seen a wee bit about the about Sportic but I assume whoever has had this one has modified it? Or was this 'Classic' version an actual special edition by Honda? Not sure about it to be honest but am hugely impressed by the link to let me see all the second hand cars in Japan!! This opens up a whole new world of distraction for me! I've been thinking about a CR-X either a 1st Generation or a 2nd Generation. Don't really know enough about them yet but been nosing about online. Seen a lovely one on Car and Classic..
    Honda CR-X Esi (Del Sol) Electric Roof For Sale (1997) on Car And Classic UK [C595745] but this new link is amazing. If only I had some Japanese friends to help me buy a car and send it over!! :Smile:

HONDA CR-X SIR | 1989 | BLACK | 28,000 km | details.- Japanese used cars.Goo-net Exchange

numpty67 likes this.
  17. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

^^ I think it's cool :Grin: - although I've always had a real soft spot for small Japanese cars, especially the slightly wacky domestic market ones that we don't see over here (unless personally imported). The Nissan Pao and Toyota Will are particular favourites - and the Daihatsu Move which we DID get in the UK.

I still wonder whether the "Kei" cars would sell over here as competition to Smart, albeit in relatively small numbers.

numpty67 and Sprockutt like this.
  18. numpty67 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Goo-Net is a great site, I found it by chance a couple of years ago when I was looking for JDM brochures, seen some really cool cars and they are not all that expensive even including the shipping cost. There have been a couple of 1st Generation Prelude XXRs listed on here in the past, the holy grail of G1 Preludes, fantastic cars with loads of features not found in any other market, even some sort of navigation equipment, and that was way back in 1981!

Anyway glad to be of assistance, will wait and see what you can find. The CR-X is a great car my brother had a G1 1.6 16v and a Del Sol VTEC, both great cars in their own way.

Sprockutt and FirstHonda like this.
  19. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

^^Oh no, what have you done...that is an amazing site - that's my evening gone! I can see bad things happening...Subaru Vivio Automatic anyone? Anyone?? Just me then... :Laughing:

Or a Daihatsu Copen automatic, never available in the UK? Or even a Honda Z?

Uh-oh...:OTT:

Sprockutt likes this.
  20. Sprockutt Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Tell me about it!! I should have finished work 40 mins ago! But no I need to look at just about every single car on Goo-Net!