General Long drive yesterday

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by pauljdh, Saturday 12th Mar, 2016.

1. pauljdh Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom pauljdh Belper
    So yesterday I took my I-DTEC tourer auto on a 460 round trip - Peak district - Central London - darkest hampshire - Peak District.

Long day, some hideous delays on M1 on on way down, same on the South circular in the smoke and complete carnage of M40 on way back.

Despite that ,the car returned 47mpg and was a pleasure to drive all day. I wasn't too frazzled at the end either, thanks mainly to the fantastic seats and the auto gearbox.

I had reservations early after buying it but I really get it now having down 12K miles in a year on it. Its effortless comfy, practicable and silky smooth.

I love it.

Have to admit though that the headlamps are crap!

AccordCU2, FirstHonda and Nighthawk like this.
  2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    They are a joy to drive, no matter what distance you drive them for. Good to hear your are liking your.

Try some Philips X-TremeVision or Osram Night Breaker Plus bulbs, they both have fantastic light output.

Nels and Nighthawk like this.
  3. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    The Accord must be one of the most comfortable cars I have driven. We used to go to the isle of wight alot and she would do the 3 hr journey there with no issues, I wouldn't feel tired at all when I got out and no back pain. She loves eating the miles up. Great cars the Accords are

Nels likes this.
  4. pauljdh Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom pauljdh Belper
    I will fix them before next winter - I put HID's into my old Accord, transformed them, may end up doing the same..

5. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

@pauljdh

Great to hear - the Accord is a brilliant mile muncher (and I speak from experience!)

Do :garage:. We'd love to see some pictures...:Need Pics:

6. motorbikelover Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom david mee mansfield notts
    I go to work an hour early so i can sit in the car and get some sleep.

7. Snapper69 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

When I had my 7th Generation (2003 Sport petrol) I drove it down to the South of Spain, nearly 1250 miles, took 32 hours going down and 23 hours coming back. Sure I was tired, but I was able to get out of the car and walk upright. The furthes that I've driven my 8th Generation is about 220 miles to Devon, but it was lovely and comfortable. It's a shame that Honda have chosen to discontinue the best car that they made. Maybe I can get one of the last models when I come to change again, or maybe it will have to be a CR-V. Otherwise it will be back to non Honda cars.

8. Smokingman Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom John Lincoln
    Not a fan of the standard Accord headlights either, got somePhilips X-TremeVision to put in when I get some time to remove the bumper to change a foglight unit. Keep toying with the idea of HIDs, but not sure of MOT time and changing back to standard if need be.

9. motorbikelover Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom david mee mansfield notts
    My tourer lights are great (bet one blows tomorrow now)

10. Snapper69 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

On my old 7th Generation I swapped the dipped bulbs for good alternatives (Philips was one) and they blew on a regular basis. Considering what a PITA these 8th Generation ones are to change, I'm a bit reluctant to use anything other than the standard ones. The 7th Generation were bad enough. Why do manufacturers make a simple job so damned difficult?

11. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Gone are the days you could stand in the engine bay, there's just far too much to cram in so it makes maintenance really hard.

12. Snapper69 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I realise that (although I try not to look under my bonnet any more than I have to) but surely user replaceable parts like bulbs should be doable (is that even a word?) without stripping parts off. Same with changing a gearknob, what's wrong with, 1) unclip gaiter 2) unscrew knob 3) screw new knob on 4) clip gaiter on. Simples.