Wanted Looking for a set of 18" Delta alloy wheels

Discussion in 'Parts & Accessories' started by Rakoribs, Wednesday 10th Jun, 2015.

1. Rakoribs Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Looking for a set of 18" Delta alloy wheels, with tyres preferred, or without them.
    Anyone have a set they are considering to sell?

I have a 2009 Accord Tourer ES GT 2.2iDTEC.

Totally fed up with the awful Goodyear Vector 4 Seasons (17") tyres I bought, as all-season tyres to try and be sensible and avoid the winter grip issues.
    Its no longer drives like the car I bought, the delay on the now jelly steering is unbelievable & approaching dangerous.
    Rubber is incredibly soft & the tyre walls must be the same.
    Cars been fully check out by Honda twice (no suspension issues), these tyres need to go - so I'll keep the 17s as winter wheels as the rubber should stiffen up a little in the cold.

Regards, Mark.

2. Nels Moderator Staff Team

If you are still after this/these, please let me know or I will close this thread shortly.

3. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Please respond or this thread will be closed.

4. Rakoribs Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi Nels,
    I've haven't had any responses, so might as well close the thread.
    Thanks, Mark.

5. Nels Moderator Staff Team

It's not an issue to keep to open if you want.
    If so, give the thread a bump occasionally.

6. Racy Jace Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

There was a company doing a copy of these in 18" So I'd look for them if you have no luck. I can't remember the make but they looked really nice.

7. Rakoribs Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Cheers guys, but I'm giving up on the wheels.

I've spent a fortune on 3 different major failures on this car in the last year, given up fighting with useless HUK. I'm no longer in a position to afford new wheels. So rethink until decide wether to sell it or not. Didn't think id ever find a car less reliable than that Alfa 156 dog. Grump, moan, bleet. :Smile:

Also hit a deer recently + destroyed most of the front (can't blame the Honda for that one).

Cheers anyway.

8. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Legend The Big Smoke
    Oh dear! (no pun intended)
    What happened? 3 failures? That sounds very odd...
    Hope everyone was alright inside the car but what happened to the deer?

Sorry to hear about your misfortunes @Rakoribs ... keep us posted

9. Nels Moderator Staff Team

I hope no one was hurt.

10. Rakoribs Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

What was left of the deer didn't look too impressed.

I was just shaken, its scary just how quick it can happen at motorway speeds. Wasn't near woodland and never seen a deer there before or since (on a motorway slip bend).

Surprising how much of the metalwork under the front end is soft and collapses, what's its designed to do mind you.

Cheers, Mark.

11. Rakoribs Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Clutch + DMF when bought car. ~£2k.

2 yrs later clutch + DMF due to faulty clutch. ~£2k. HUK not interested and wore me out after 4 months of stringing me along trying to make progress.

Not much later reverse gear died. Reverse started being fiddly to get into after last clutch + DMF replacement, slowly got a bit worse, then suddenly could no longer get into reverse (just after the deer collision, just to make things more awkward). Turns out honda dealer forgot to connect wires to reverse lockout when refitting clutch + gearbox, either they or I must have then crunched reverse. Took out reverse synchro + fork + some bits. Lucky it didn't trash the lot I spose. But £1.1k didn't make me very cheery.

Been a few other failures, but not as big. Of top of head - aircon condenser + pipes.

Rest of running costs has just been usual servicing + tyres + brakes (rear discs / drums / pads / shoes are pricey!) + similar.

Typing this on my phone and its a killer, so gonna sign off. Thanks for the kind words guys.
    Cheers, Mark.

12. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Real shame about the deer, but good no one else was hurt.