Service & Maintenance Looking for Part

Discussion in '2nd Generation (1991-1995)' started by Lynda t, Saturday 30th Aug, 2014.

1. Lynda t Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

lynda
    Hi I'm having a problem finding a part for my 1994 legend coupe. Honda no longer make the part, any suggestions?

Zoot likes this.
  2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Hi Lynda.

Have a look on ebay for "Breaking Legend" adverts. People that break cars often put up such adverts. You can then email them and ask if they have the part you are after.

Lynda t likes this.
  3. Lynda t Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

lynda
    Thank you I will try that

4. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    What is the part Lynda? Some parts may be compatible from other models, or you may be able to find a third party solution.

5. Lynda t Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

lynda
    Power steering cooling pipe

6. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

try these

7. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

Unfortunately that's a 3rd Generation @MickyB.

Anyway, reason you're struggling to get parts here is that's there's actually only 10 Legend Coupes left in the UK - I know this because I've been looking to buy one recently. In the USA however there's still a lot of Acura Legend Coupes left on the roads, so I went and had a look for parts there. You're in luck, it'll cost a few pennies in international shipping but this should do the job :Smile:

@Lynda t another point to note for the future is that the 1st and 2nd Generation Legend shares many components with the Rover 800.

MickyB, Lynda t and SpeedyGee like this.
  8. Lynda t Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

lynda
    Thank you, my car has only 72.000 miles on the clock and full service history. I have owned it and cared for it for over 15 years. My husband is saying scrap it!!!!! My reply is not printable

MickyB and Phil1978 like this.
  9. Lynda t Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

lynda
    So can you point me to a website to buy part?

10. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

I posted the link above on the eBay widget, if you're using Tapatalk or something similar you might not be able to see it - the full page listing is here :Smile:

Shame on your husband, if you ever come to sell it - I'll happily pay a few pennies more than scrap value :lol:

Lynda t likes this.
  11. Lynda t Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

lynda
    Looked at it on eBay, bit nervous about the guys negative feedback!!!I will keep looking thanks

12. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

99.5% positive feedback, or 1 in 200 people have had an issue, I wouldn't worry about it personally :Smile: Don't forget that PayPal has your back if you have any problems whatsoever.

Lynda t likes this.
  13. Lynda t Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

lynda
    I will post some pictures on Tuesday when I collect it from garage. I love that car more than my husband lol. We have a 2011 insight and a 2014 Civic but they just don't compare!!! Wish Honda still made them! Before I bought it in 1999 I had a Prelude, another wonderful car.

DeviateDefiant likes this.
  14. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

@Ichiban would tell you that you don't like the Civic because it was made in Swindon :Laughing: I also love the older Hondas, just something about the fitment and finish, even the quality of the plastics.

Still just as reliable today, but missing a touch of finesse they once had.

Funnily enough my toss up for an older coupé Honda at the moment is between the 4th Generation Prelude and the 2nd Generation Legend :Laughing:

Lynda t likes this.
  15. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Sorry folks I just try to help where I can not too sure of the Gens on the legend I`ll keep looking. I`m on the parts network so Ill try there for you.

16. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

That`s a good Point DD paypal and Ebay cover you.

17. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

If they made Black Accords in Swindon CJ would have something negative to say about it:PullFaces:

18. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Lynda t likes this.
  19. Vic Cardenas Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

There are lots of people in the states parting out Legends. You should be able to find just about anything you need on either the facebook Legend owners group or acuralegend.org.

SpeedyGee likes this.