Pre-Purchase Looking to buy a 7th Generation Honda Accord

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by Navin, Saturday 5th Oct, 2013.

1. Navin New Member Getting Started

United Kingdom Anthym London
    Hi guys,

I am like an hour old on this forum. Thought this a good starting point to look at service intervals, issues you encounter with a 7th Generation Honda Accord. I am looking to buy one with the specifications as below:
    Mileage : upto 70000 Miles
    Engine : 2.0L
    Trim : SE

This is going to be my first car in the UK and quite looking forward to it. Any help appreciated.

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Hi Navin,

Welcome to the club that particular model and spec and mileage is prime target for Taxi operators they have nearly snapped up all of them. You will find it hard to get that specific model to be honest,

3. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Welcome to AOC, Navin. Good luck with your hunt for an Accord.

4. Navin New Member Getting Started

United Kingdom Anthym London
    Thanks guys.
    I guess it's one of the reasons that I have not been able find anything - a couple of cars that listed on Autotrader were snapped up in a couple of hours - though I was under the impression the cab guys would be looking for a diesel since that better suits the economics of their trade.
    I have seen a lot of petrol cars come on the market around 70-77000 miles - can anyone help me with the reason why ? Is there a major service overhaul coming up in the next 5000 miles or so ? I believe the cars have timing chain engines and they should last the life of the car. Anything else I am missing ?
    The amount of standard equipment you get even on the base SE trim is astonishing. I see no reason to upgrade to a Sport, which lacks the sunroof and is something that I am quite keen on. How many of you guys out there make use of the sat-nav system thats standard on the Executive version in this age of TomToms and Garmins ?

5. Bendzior Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi and welcome to forum
    I use sat nav on my 2007 7gen and apart of needing of upgrade due to missing new roads I find it really good ( would be better if we could have speed camera warning)