Service & Maintenance loosing washer fluid

Discussion in '1st Generation (2004-2011)' started by euphoria1z, Thursday 4th Aug, 2016.

1. euphoria1z Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom euphoria Leicester
    Hi, on my FR-V I noticed I was low on washer fluid so I filled it up 2 days ago. yesterday I looked at it and I could no longer see any water so I filled it to the top again, and today I checked it and it was down by about 50-60ml. I haven't used the washer in the past 2 days? I don't see it leaking nor did I notice a puddle underneath my car. Is there any other part of the car that uses the washer fluid?

How can I check its leaking or where its leaking from? I'm no mechanic, all I can do is look under the bonnet.

Thanks. (p.s my A/C doesn't blow cold air, the cooling fan and compressor both come on when the A/C button is pressed but I get normal air, thought id mention this if this is linked in some way to anything)

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Washer fluid is only used for windscreens and headlights if the car has OEM HIDs, nothing else. It also has not connection to the A/C system

Are you sure it's actually leaking/losing fluid at all ? How did you know it dropped 50 to 60 ml ?

3. euphoria1z Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom euphoria Leicester
    because I measured the water I just topped it up with today. so yesterday I filled it to the top and today I've had to add another 50 odd ml to bring back up to where it was yesterday and I haven't used the washer at all. and I had to fill it up 2 days ago also. so I can't understand where the water is going.

its topped up to the max right now so ill check it again tomorrow .

my car doesn't have the headlight wiper.

when I first filled it to the max 2 days ago and yesterday I couldn't see any water in the tube, I thought maybe it took time to go to where it needs to go, so I filled it to the top yesterday again, and today, it went down by aprox 50-60ml which is what I've put in today. and I haven't used the wipers at all.

if its not leaking there where's the water going? unless its a slow leak?

4. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Just monitor it for now, see if it goes down again.