Suspension, Steering and Brakes Lopsided at the rear....

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by pauljdh, Sunday 2nd Aug, 2015.

1. pauljdh Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom pauljdh Belper
    I have an approved 12 plate tourer.....just checking tyre pressures and noticed the clearance between the arch and the wheel is visibly different near side to off side. The nearside is lower by 3cm compared to the off side. I have taken accurate drop measurements on both wheels with the car on different surfaces - my drive is flat anyway.

3cm seems a lot, it looks wrong too.

Back to Honda (again).

Any ideas chaps?

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    It's unusual for a car so young to exhibit that issue. I guess the previous owner must have had been carrying a load on one side for a very long period of time.

Was the car parked on level ground when you did the measurements ?

3. pauljdh Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

yes, it was level ground and i reversed the car to eliminate that variable......still 3cm.

4. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    My mps had the same issue, new (lowered) springs sorted it.

5. pauljdh Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

were the springs replaced under warranty? Cheers

6. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    Lowered springs under warranty?!! Nah, did them myself, car was an 06 plate.
    - - - Updated - - -
    I should also probably mention that although the car was 7 years old at the time it had only done just over 30K miles. But then it was AWD and the stock rear diff mounts on the MPS are notoriously soft plus it's a car which was probably launched a fair few times so I'm guessing a lot of pressure being put on the rear springs (plus most of it was probably a Ford). I wouldn't expect a FWD car to go through springs so soon, especially a Honda unless it's mega mileage. Being a Tourer I would agree with Speedy that this will have been load related, either as he says or a very heavy load and possibly a bad pothole or bump struck whilst carrying such. On a good note, it shouldn't be an expensive fix, especially if you do it yourself but obviously there's always the fact that you need to be very careful when using spring compressors. On the MPS you don't need them for the rears due to the suspension setup, but I did need them for doing the front (I lowered the whole car).