Bikes Lost my motorcycle tax disc

Discussion in 'Motorcycles & ATV' started by Ichiban, Thursday 3rd Jul, 2014.

1. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I have been using my bike a lot this week as the weather is really good! :Grin: Got back last night do my checks as I always do and found the tax disc holder outer frame on the bike but the entire holder dropped off:nea:

Filling this blasted form https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/210004/V20.pdf to get my replacement.

can't wait for these sodding things to go come October :Happy:

Quick question do I have to report the loss of a tax disc to the police?

2. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Thanks man more running around .grrr roll on October!

4. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

A quick call should be enough, I presume they will put it on their system so your bike wouldn't be fined if checked when parked. ANPR systems will still see you as registered.

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Reported to the police now need to run to the post office.

6. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

^^I like the paper tax disc. I like keeping them all for each car in my folder of history. Sad I know...:Fear:

7. Nels Moderator Staff Team

:Blushing: You're not alone ! :Blushing:

8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    For car yes its tradition I have all of mine for the 1st Generation Accord, its an end of an era. Call it progress but the Modern digital world will slowly remove all paper trail and it happening fast.. However for bikes tax disc theft and dropping off is a nuisance and major headache.

Well it goes for convertible too I suppose?

9. steve4536 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Something I've always done with my tax discs (since I first had a colour scanner that is) was to scan and print it and then put the copy on the bike. If it got stolen, no prob's just print another one off. This is all academic now though.

Chunkylover53 likes this.
  10. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I had laminated the tax disc thinking it will be insulated from the elements but the fake carbon fibre tax disc holder gave way.. :Rant:

11. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Aplogies i am angry

Update.. so I went to three local post offices in my area, pillar to post and I got.. zeessssh " We don’t do duplicate tax discs" WHAT its states clearly here you do .. OH now you got to go into town.

So today get into town to the main Post office, to find every man and his dog getting their passports forms filled in I queued in that line for an hour in my leathers and I was nowhere close to the counter, I had to leave back to work.:Rant:

So decided sod this tax disc I will wait for the reminder in September for the new tax year fed up and roll on October to the death of the paper disc POS.:Wave: