ICE & HFT Lost Radio Code - BOSE 2SA1

Discussion in '6th Generation (1997-2002)' started by Stephen, Wednesday 28th Aug, 2013.

1. Stephen Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hello,
    I have a 1999 Honda Accord which has a factory fit BOSE 2SA1 stereo radio cassette unit and the radio code has been lost after it went in for some bodywork repairs. I have no record of the code and I note that the various different radios have different methods of retrieving the codes.
    Can someone please point me in the right direction about how to go about finding or recovering the code.
    Thanks very much
    Stephen

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Stephen likes this.
  3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Just keep us posted how much the dealer charges you for this service or you manage to hack it.:Wink:

4. Stephen Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

OK, I pitched up at the dealer locally [Hendy Honda Southampton] with the car [they did not want the V5] they pressed all the buttons to get the code from the radio and noted the VIN number and toddled off to the computer. It took 40 minutes for it to spit out the code [which was spot on] but there was free coffee and newspapers plus there was a telly so no real problem. The cost was free and the chap would not even accept a bung for his trouble.
    Nice people.
    Regards

DeviateDefiant and Ichiban like this.
  5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Well done mate and Hendy Honda Southampton! :GoodJob:

6. Stephen Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Yes, and thanks to the Forum for the excellent information. I was imagining sending the unit away to be sorted and all sorts of things. However, now that I have coded it, it might be a an idea to swap it for a CD playing version [mine is cassette]. Is there one that will easily fit in the Honda sized hole - or is there an adaptor plate thingy. I think later cars have the correct sized BOSE unit fitted with a CD player and it might just be a case of buying one of these from the Ebay. What is your view?
    Regards and Thanks again

Ichiban likes this.
  7. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    Better off with an aftermarket unit. I kept my cassette and use a cassette adaptor to play music from a mini mp3 player or my phone.

8. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    Just to let everyone know, most of these cars have the 4 digit code on a sticker under the ashtray, which can be pulled out!

Chunkylover53 likes this.