Engine & Gearbox Loud knocking noise coming from engine

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by rhinogolf, Monday 12th Nov, 2012.

1. rhinogolf Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

york
    My son went to work in the taxi tonight then returned with a loud knocking noise from engine i went out to investigate and the noise was loud i turned engine on/off noise went any ideas on this

2. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Have you checked the oil?

3. rhinogolf Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

york
    Oil was fine
    - - - Updated - - -
    Well problem solved my son just phoned clutch gone

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Clutch sorry to hear that!

Well you will be prompted to go in for a 8 pot all singing and dancing clutch for your taxi. I personally think it time you sold this experimental car bud.

5. rhinogolf Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

york
    Well what next ?? car back up and running again yesterday, after having new clutch & DMF then today after dropping a customer of in Leeds just coming off M1/A1 junction onto the A64 the car starts wobbling all over the place black smoke everywhere pulled into lay by thinking engine had failed to see id had a blow out on front passenger side, so i was quite relieved, changed wheel and went to Auto tyres in York they checked car over said all suspension and wheel fine explained to me, the tyre would off taken all the impact, never seen a tyre so badly shredded. A nail had gone in the inside of the tyre.

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    At least you are fine that what matters most , tyres can be replaced but I would be concerned after a clutch change.

7. rhinogolf Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

york
    My thoughts as well but as the tyre technician told me their was a nail in the tyre. My first thoughts on the clutch the best its ever felt. But i starting thinking is this related to the repairs.
    When the clutch was replaced last time i was never happy with it from day one.
    This clutch feels like the one in the 8th Generation but was done by a independent and the clutch only cost £169, which i don't no if good or bad just wanted car back on road.

8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    £169 that cheaper than a full major service that is an unbelievable price. This nail must be massive one to shred the tyre apart :Aghast:

9. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Blow outs can be really scarey, glad your OK. You probably picked up a nail somewhere along the motorway.

I once picked up an a bolt, yes massive bolt, one that usually holds the armco barrier together. I couldn't believe the size of it and how it manage manage to pierce through the tyre. I guess the front tyre went over it and kinda propped it up at angle which lead it to pierce into the rear tyre. The rear tyre was actually only two weeks old but luckily it was a company car.

10. rhinogolf Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

york
    In what way ?