Suspension, Steering and Brakes Loud Squeak? - Front o/s

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by stratos, Friday 12th Feb, 2016.

1. stratos Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Andy Worcs
    I have a very (embarrassing) loud squeak from my front offside suspension which only come on last night??
    I pulled over to see what I could see but as it was dark, it wasn't much.
    When I pulled over, I could hear the loud squeak when I just touched the car up & down and also when I very slightly rocked the steering left to right.
    I'll know more when I get chance to look at it over the weekend but was wondering if there were any favourites?

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    ARB bushes, compliance bushes etc

3. stratos Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Andy Worcs
    Cannot replicate squeak whilst jacked up but the ARB bushes although they appear OK have seen better days but there is a definite clunk (play) from the droplink. On order.

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I have noticed this winter for some reason my 7th Generation was squeaking a lot a lot when I knew every single bush on my car was New!!

I took aerosol can of Silkolene "All in one" and shot all the rubber bushes, drop links with it and long behold its stopped pin drop silence. So god know why this winter it never happened before!! all the rubber bushes have started to exhibit this trait. Try it and see how you go.

5. stratos Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Andy Worcs
    I did just before dropping the car back to the ground, silent for two days and now back again.
    I did notice play in one of the droplinks so will replace both sides inc ARB rubbers and report back.
    Too cold & wet to lie on my back these days - getting too old!!

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Just lubricate them and see what happens. Replacing the front ARB is NOT easy well you can get one side off the other is on the top of the cross member.