Off-Topic Louis Suarez

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by MickyB, Wednesday 25th Jun, 2014.

1. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I just couldn't believe my eyes today!!!! I haven't watched any games so far until today when I watched the England youngsters who I for one think brought a little pride back into our country. Was it me or did they lose a little spirit once Roy Hodgson brought on Gerrard and Rooney?
    Well not what the thread is about I then heard the news and saw the incident and does this guy never learn? Lusitania Suarez is one of the top 3 players in the world today, the most prolific goal machine we've seen in the premier league here in England for many a year, he's done the biting bit once before and served his ban for that and I would have thought he would have grown up and learnt his lesson but alas NO he has to bring it back on the biggest show in the world.
    I for one think that FIFA need to get on top of this and give him a very big ban indeed. Not one or two games either.
    What do you all think?

2. Phil1978 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Phil Salisbury
    It's such a shame that all that talent is stuck inside such a tool, they're saying he could be facing a ban of 2 years if found guilty, I'm not sure if it would just be an international ban or a total ban though.

MickyB likes this.
  3. Nels Moderator Staff Team

BAN HIM for 10 years, from all forms of the game!
    FIFA must do this to send a clear message not just to other players, but the 'up and coming' youngsters that this behaviour is not allowed.

It is after all not just atrocious on the pitch, but is it not also assault in the eyes of the law ?

MickyB likes this.
  4. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    I love all the mass hysteria in the UK, most of the world don't care, but in the UK biting someone or spitting is worse than intentionally breaking someones leg or some other injury, was quite happy to see Suarez knock England out and take a dig at the english press and public, but he defo has an anger issue on the pitch that needs sorting out.

MickyB likes this.
  5. AndyB1976 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

United Kingdom Andy Aberfoyle
    Football is a disgrace in the respect of the cheating, diving. play-acting, not respecting the referee, head butting, flying karate kicks, biting.

Video evidence, life ban for assault, various bans for the rest. Its not like its do or die for these guys, they ain't living on the breadline.

Football a game for gentlemen played by hooligans, rugby a game for hooligans played by gentleman to paraphrase someone..

MickyB and Nels like this.
  6. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Exactly, and it teaches children that this is okay. :nea:

MickyB and AndyB1976 like this.
  7. steve4536 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

The best thing FIFA can do to Suarez is, get him to spend some of his millions on some high end dental surgery so that when he takes another bite, the player on the other end of it does not get physically injured. A bit like being bitten by a toothless puppy:eek:.....failing that make him wear a gimp mask at matches.

8. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Which one do you guys prefer??

lol1. lol2.

AndyB1976 and MickyB like this.
  9. accordheritage Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

England York
    Aren't footballers one of his 5 a day?

MickyB likes this.
  10. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Should make him play rugby for a season.... That'll stop him biting other players as he would only get to bite someone only once in a Rugby match before he got chinned.

MickyB and Nels like this.
  11. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Some funny stuff going round Facebook at the moment

MickyB likes this.
  12. steve4536 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

article-0-1F1D9D6200000578-634_306x423.

Chunkylover53 and John Dickson like this.
  13. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

AndyB1976 likes this.
  14. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Just heard the news.... 9 match ban and no football related involvement for 4 months. This should be a lesson to him, if it happens again then he should be banned for life.....

Or at least have all his teeth surgically removed:Lipsrsealed:

John Dickson likes this.
  15. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Or his jaw wired shut.

MickyB likes this.
  16. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

These people never learn he's got th world at his feet to be honest he's a great player he proved that with his goals for Liverpool last season. But then a moment of madness and bang you are nothing..... Just wondering how much longer Liverpool will keep him?

17. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Sad thing is that a ban like this, meant to be a punishment, will probably have little if any affect on him or his career.

18. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I'd like to know how the ban will work? If Uruguay play say two more games in the World Cup I suppose he will then miss 7 games for Liverpool, so say they play 5 pre season friendliest then he'll miss the first 2 games of the premiership season.
    It should be 9 1st class games.

19. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

The 4 month ban means that he's out for lpool till early October. 9 premier league games if I'm not mistaken?

MickyB likes this.
  20. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

^^Yes, that is my understanding too. The international ban is a specific number of games (9), but the total ban from all football is 4 months. That means he won't be allowed even to train with Liverpool or go to watch a game.

I assume he must be receiving some sort of help or counselling for this, as it is hardly normal behaviour for a grown man...:Unknown:

By the way, the rumour is that he'll leave Liverpool now. He's most likely to sign for Borussia Munchonyourcentreback...