Introductions Loving the Tourer

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by marcellus305, Monday 2nd Jul, 2012.

1. marcellus305 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Sorry, posted twice. See other posting.

Last edited: Monday 2nd Jul, 2012
  2. marcellus305 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hello and welcome to AOC, the problems with the 7th tailgate are rare but not uncommon to exhibit your symptoms. Laquer peel was also seen on my wife 2004 Tourer it must have been a year specific issue. We replaced the bumper when some just reversed on to her parked car. A brand new bumper was 250 all painted up. As for the headlight issue its fixable please do search in the 7th Generation section.

Thanks for your reply and suggesitons.

I have a search in the 7th Generation Forum and can't find the Thread or Post on repairing the headlight. Could you please post the link to the Thread or Post that covers the repair of the headlight?

Here you go Marcellus http://hondakarma.com/threads/108/

Last edited by a moderator: Sunday 23rd Feb, 2014
  3. marcellus305 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks Ichiban I had visited that posting a few times and thought it not relevant but then spotted the hyperlink on headlight lenses. The link takes me to eBay but unfortunately I couldn't see a lens for my car; I'll keep an eye though in case something gets listed.

In the outside chance that the headlight is covered by the Honda extended warranty I have also contacted my local Honda dealer.

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Hi Marcellus I doubt you will get a gesture of goodwill or the headlights replaced under extended warranty. The extended warranty lapsed for your car in 2010.

I would resort to use silica gels bags to absorb all moisture out of the headlight , or just replace them.

5. marcellus305 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks for your help and advice.

To eBay I think for a replacement headlight!

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  7. marcellus305 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hello Ichiban,

Just a quick update on my headlight saga. My local dealer, Brown Brothers in Peebles, have been excellent. They contacted Honda on my behalf and managed to them to discount a brand new headlight to around £95 plus VAT. I was tempted but opted for headlight from eBay that I managed to get for £30! I may egret this decision in th elong run when I see the replacement begin to fog up but I've saved myself some money in the short run.

I'm pleased I opted for the cheaper option as the stereo has developed an intermittent buzzing sometimes in time with the wipers switched on or me pressing the acclerator pedal. The other issue is the reverse sensor buzzer intermittently gets stuck on; a few go's of taking it in an dout of reverse resolves this one.

Time to search the Forum!

Thanks again for your help and advice.

8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Thanks for the update I know which one headlight I would have gone for thou, but what ever works for you best.