Electrical & Lights Low Fuel Light

Discussion in '1st Generation (2004-2011)' started by Zub131, Wednesday 27th Jul, 2016.

1. Zub131 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Is it just me or when the fuel is low and the light comes on there's no 'beep' or any other sound?

I know on other cars I've had like a beep to let me know the first time the light has come on.

Is it just me or the same on everyone else's FR-V?

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    I've never actually been in a car which beeps at you for fuel. As far as I know none of the Hondas do this. When the light first comes on you usually have at least 5 litres left in the tank so plenty of time to fill up.

3. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Legend The Big Smoke
    Never heard any beep in any Toyota or Honda ever.

4. Zub131 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I have noticed no beep in a Nissan.

My last car was a Skoda Superb and that did beep (amongst other things like randomly clunking when slowing down with it's DSG box - so glad to be rid of)

I guess I'm not used to keeping an eye on it, can just imagine not expecting the light and then wondering how long ago it came on.

5. bob_1978 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom bob Notts
    Citroens generally beep, however I can confirm my FR-V also does not.

6. RobsyUK Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Rob Milton Keynes
    My Vauxhall used to beep for low fuel and would blank all the screen out but show a pump.
    The beeps would be quicker the emptier the tank.

I didn't even know the FR-V had a fuel light as I go by the trip and fill up at 50miles left ( which looks like quarter of s tank!)