General Low speed jerkyness

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by marculos, Saturday 21st May, 2016.

1. marculos Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

England Mark Leicester
    I have just had clutch and flywheel changed, great job by @Holdcroft Honda , clutch is now light as a feather ! However I still get a low speed jerkyness in 1st and 2nd which is rather irritating as I live in the ghetto with lots of stop start driving, could this be because of the drive by wire throttle ? I heard there is a cable you can adjust in a box on right hand side of engine, is anyone aware of this ? Starting to think an auto would be much better for my day to day crawl around town lol :Smile:

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    They all do it mate its a case of leaning how to feather the clutch and throttle to minimise this it will take time to master this , this kangarooing has been resolved on the 8th Generation.. In my opinion its the 2.4 overfilling at this low rev range.

You can stick in second gear longer but in stop and go traffic condition to minimise this condition but you can burn the clutch if you over rev it also.

3. NottsBiker Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Ben Nottingham
    Does my head in too and terrible for a car like the Accord IMHO

Wonder if the littlebo reflash would sort this?

4. sawf1 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom James Poole
    Littlebos reflash does help this problem, but it doesn't stop it completely. Personally I find setting the revs to 1500rpm on a normal pull away and slightly lower, say 1300rpm when creeping in traffic and using the clutch to control the pull away works for me. This trait is the only thing that really lets these cars down, but it does get better with practice. The littlebo reflash does help when using second gear in traffic just above idle and the car wanting to pull itself along at 15 mph.

5. NottsBiker Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Ben Nottingham
    Any idea how much the reflash costs?

Mega long thread in traders section which could do with starting with how much it costs and how to order but just rambles on :Smile:

6. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Legend The Big Smoke
    well I guess the best way to go about is to ask @littlebo himself. Send him a PM maybe?

ukcl9 likes this.
  7. NottsBiker Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Ben Nottingham
    Thanks

Strange though no price listed don't you think? When I go to Tesco I don't have to ask the manager how much the cat food costs each time :Wink:

8. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

Forum rules dictate the traders cannot edit their posts so if they put a price up right now it can never be updated. Tesco doesn't superglue their prices to the products do they? the tab keeps on changing..
    I am not saying Littlebo has updated his prices but just saying maybe that is the reason he avoided putting it in first post (which is now over 2 years old)

Also if you look, HH thread has batteries listed for £44 or something yet every single person who goes there asks if they are still £44.. defeats the point of putting price in first post doesn't it? :Smile:

ukcl9 likes this.
  9. NottsBiker Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Ben Nottingham
    Ok fair point

Would be helpful if they were allowed to put their current price up and edit it

Btw wasn't trying to be awkward just thinking out loud :Smile:

10. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

haha no worries.. I was just trying to make sense out of the situation. Staff can edit it on request but maybe there is a reason. By the looks of it @ukcl9 is the UK vendor for @littlebo / or was back in 2014 so best is to PM them and discuss.

11. NottsBiker Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Ben Nottingham
    Will do ta

12. ukcl9 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

ukcl9 devon
    Reflash can help.also add a bigger throttle body will make it smoother

13. NottsBiker Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Ben Nottingham
    I wish you could force the throttle body motor to cycle through its motion without annoying the neighbours and running the engine so any sticking or jerkyness cab be seen and fixed if its a mechanical issue.

14. JapCar Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

My Accord (K20AZ2) do the same jerkiness... (I have it for 2 weeks)
    So, the reason seems to be unknown? (mechanical problem in throttle body or throttle position sensor... ?)
    I can't believe this is common issue for all petrol Hondas...
    - - - Updated - - -
    Sorry, the engine is K20Z2, no AZ2.
    Why no option to edit my thread?
    Sorry, engine is K20Z2.
    Why no option for edit the thread?

15. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

You need to be at Club Member or higher rank before you can edit your own posts. Details here: Rank Titles and Premium Members (Announcement - )

16. JapCar Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

17. NottsBiker Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Ben Nottingham
    This fault seems to have been reported all over the globe with the Accord

Unfortunately you can't see whats causing the problem if working on your own like I have to

Annoying that after all this time no one has found a cure

18. ukcl9 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

ukcl9 devon
    The cure is change to a bigger TB and get a reflash.

Think of it more as the cars personality more than an issue.lol

Last edited by a moderator: Tuesday 7th Jun, 2016
  19. NottsBiker Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Ben Nottingham
    How does the bigger throttle body feel to drive and what effect doors it have on both power and they way it delivers it after the change.

Reflash / headers on my list for later on year after September hols :Wink:

20. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team