Electrical & Lights Low temperature warning

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by SayamaAccord, Tuesday 7th Feb, 2012.

1. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

I didn't know until recently about the low temperature warning in the 7th Generation...the mileage and other info is replaced by a scary looking flashing amber warning symbol showing spiky barbed things and road gravel....and loud warning chime...first time it happened I nearly ... myself lol.

2. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Smiled to myself :Wink:

3. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Yes as soon as temperature drop to 3 it does that:Grin:

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    It the combination of the exterior temperature sensor and the VSA calculating the slip rate via the yaw rate sensor. Check this out: What is VSA, ABS, TCS Slide Slip?

If anyone one of those conditions are meet it will display the closest warning, I get Icy warning on untreated roads all the time.

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Page 98 in the owners manual lists all the multi-information display messages and icons. Applicable for the 7th Generation owners. Zoran can check for the 8th Generation please.

6. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Page 106 in manual for my 8th Generation for this particular one.
    List of all symbols are from page 110 to 113.

Last edited: Tuesday 7th Feb, 2012
    Ichiban likes this.
  7. maksym Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Got exactly opposite problem in south Florida. Lol low temp usually happened while in constant motion at low outside temp. You can change you coolant to 100% anti-freeze coolant instead of 50/50 to water mixture that will keep the heat a little better or get grill cover to stop high air flow.

Last edited: Tuesday 7th Feb, 2012
  8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I would still recommend a fifty fifty ratio or a premix coolant. A coolant in a premix ratio work more effectively than a full strength coolant which is not diluted.

9. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I was surprised that the display returns to normal after a few seconds and the warning disappears. Thought it would have stayed on.

10. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    It just to scare you and then fear sets in .. Job done :Wink:

11. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Yep it has that effect on me I must admit...when the warning goes I just back off, stay in the inside lane, and get there in one piece.

12. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    It the same when I see a gritter on the motor way in the middle lane gritting. I let lorry pass me and waiting until the gritter has offloaded his salt and done one!!

Whilst on the subject of cringing I don't know about you guys lately I have seen a massive jump of vehicles with defective head light tail lamps the lot. There was a time when people panicked and get the offending bulb repaired in fear of the rossers knocking their windows.

It seems the opposite these days it fashionable to drive a car with one headlight, don't get me started on people not using their fog lights in FOG..

13. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Now you said that i did notice a lot of them lately.I hate that and i change mine soon as i notice.
    Even worse is people driving at night and not switching their lights on.