Suspension, Steering and Brakes Lower front ball joints?

Discussion in '4th Generation (2004-2012) [Acura RL]' started by Porkis, Monday 5th Oct, 2015.

1. Porkis Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

England Susan Cornwall
    Hey, has anyone got any info as to where I can source a pair of lower front ball joints?

Mine are showing significant movement, and I now know why the inside edges of the two front tyres are shot!

I was thinking it was tracking, alas, it's never as easy as that huh?

I did hear a horror story today about having to buy the whole arm from Honda at £500+ each .. seriously hope that's not the case :Aghast:

2. timkk Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hey,
    Suspension bits are made from aluminium and ball joints can't be pressed in, from what I understand. From what I've researched, these can be used as replacement.
    Do a little bit of research. If you decide to get these, I might get 2 as well and we can split the shipping cost :Smile:

3. Porkis Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

England Susan Cornwall
    Hey Tim, why can't they be pressed in to aluminium? Not even if we somehow got the bushes, and took them to our local garage that had a serious press.
    £100 a side isn't the end of the world though, if it ends up as that .. I was fearing it would be much, MUCH more than that :Aghast:

4. timkk Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I think aluminium is just to soft for it to work. Maybe someone with more knowledge can jump in with proper explanation as I'm not a metallurgist :Wink:. I'm yet to have your problem, but these replacement arms are pretty hard to get nowadays so I might as well get them ASAP, before they disappear completely !

5. Porkis Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

England Susan Cornwall
    Yep, so far, in my very limited time of ownership, I think ALL Legacy parts are bloody hard to get a hold of in the UK :Wink:
    I might just have to start an import company :Smile:
    No worries, I'm going to be looking into my ball joint issues, Ooer .. and will report back if I find a decent solution.

timkk likes this.