Suspension, Steering and Brakes Lowering an 07 saloon. Would you?

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by David Jackson, Tuesday 6th Mar, 2012.

1. David Jackson Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Right - only been here a few days, but would like to keep up the tirade of tedious questions for y'all.

Has anyone lowered an 07 saloon?

If so, any regrets? Does it ruin the ride?
    If not would you?
    I ask, because I had a golf years ago, and it made a big difference cosmetically and with the handling.
    It was a nightmare over potholes though.

I am not a total 'rudeboy' or anything, but I do think there is quite a gap between the arch and the tyre.

David

Last edited by a moderator: Tuesday 6th Mar, 2012
  2. Doc Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Matt Peterborough
    There are a couple of options either lowering springs or full coil over kits but these are limited to only a couple of manufacturers which may or may not be on your personal preference list. If you want to go lower than 30 ish mm then your best with coil overs but any lower than this and you'll have rear geometry issues as well which will require further after market parts to remedy. Obviously the lower you go the stiffer the ride will be.

By far the best option if you want to go lower than standard but retain the factory look and feel then Honda do an A-spec kit. It lowers up to 30 mm depending on the model accord you own. The handling is uprated but retains a lot more of the ride so doesn't turn your car into a bone shaker. It's generally the preferred option unless you want the VIP look.

David Jackson likes this.
  3. David Jackson Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Just spoken to a dealer, who doesn't know what the A-spec kit it, but said that he can supply the genuine Honda lowering kit for £650 + delivery. Then there are the fitting costs of course...

4. Doc Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Matt Peterborough
    The genuine Honda lowering kit is called the A spec kit.

5. Mr CL7 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Faz Kent
    Holdcroft Honda are selling the A spec kit but there is a wait of 1-2 weeks I believe.

6. Blue Guru Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Lowering is alright if you want look, but a full on set up gives you superior handling. A mix in between is great too

7. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I would if I had money.seen lot of lowered Accords and they look awesome.

8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I have two and both of them are spot on, it works and looks perfect for my needs.