Suspension, Steering and Brakes Lowering springs + shock combination

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by speeding_ant, Tuesday 20th Sep, 2016.

1. speeding_ant Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

NZ
    Shocks are starting to feel a bit worn, and I'm wanting to lower the car at the same time.

NZ seems to have lacking supply of suspension parts. Just wondering what you guys would buy that would give a reasonably comfortable ride, 30mm drop, and good damping performance?

2. BB Baboonface Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom James Chesterfield
    Not sure what the other guys may think, but perhaps Bilstein shocks with Eibach progressive springs? Fairly universal big name stuff so hopefully you could track some down without ordering internationally.

EDIT: They actually do a Bilstein/Eibach factory made kit with a 30mm drop: Bilstein 46-190178
    That kit uses Eibach pro kit springs which i believe are progressive, thereby not too harsh overall, but they should stiffen under load (sorry if you already knew that!)

3. speeding_ant Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

NZ
    Thanks for finding that! I've asked a few suppliers in NZ to see if they can get that in.

BB Baboonface likes this.
  4. BB Baboonface Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

No problem :Smile: Hope it suits your needs and that you can get them easily too.

5. speeding_ant Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

NZ
    So the local suppliers say they don't make that Bilstein combo anymore. Can someone please check this for me over that side of the world?

6. BB Baboonface Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Dammit! May be residual stock around, seen sets on UK sites.

Annoying when this happens, thought we had a solution for you and seemingly they go and can the range :Frown:
    Got to go to work in a sec, but perhaps google the part# and see if there is any joy from a more local source?

7. speeding_ant Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

NZ
    I know right?! I could find the solution via the official Bilstein german website, so I'm not sure who to believe. There are several sites selling it, just not on my side of the world.

8. BB Baboonface Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Grrr! Sorry not to be more use right now, will have a scan about after work. There do at least seem to be a few official Bilstein suppliers in NZ, i know you have contacted one outfit, maybe another of them could have some further answers?

9. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  10. RJF Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I run BC coilovers on my Tourer which I rate very highly, they go even softer than stock (if that's what you're after).

They aren't actually camber adjustable, there aren't any double wishbone setups that are as far as I know - it's only macpherson that allows camber adjustment via the top mount.

I'm about as low as they go, however I did have them close to stock height when I first installed them... Any questions, just let me know.