Aftermarket Kit Lpg and honda warranty

Discussion in '4th Generation (2004-2012) [Acura RL]' started by mattyg, Friday 14th Jun, 2013.

1. mattyg Premium Member Club Supporter

Hi folks

Off to look at a legend tomorrow at a honda dealer and it comes with a years warranty I've read threads on this forum about cars with the honda warranty in place that have been converted to lpg and they seem to have been told they are still covered for faults not atributable to the lpg system fair enough me thinks. Thing is this honda dealer is adamant that if i convert this car the warranty is null and void in all aspects, how can honda take this different stand and is there anyone else i can talk to ?. My case in point to the salesman is if my gearbox packs up this should be covered but if the cylinder heads need replacing due to the lpg then it shouldnt be covered even he thinks i have a point.
    Is it worth taking it further or should i look for another car ?

Thanks matt

2. Beefy Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Stoke
    this is a question you must ask the honda extended warrantie company. its the onl way you will get a 100% result, as not all dealers are totaly clued up regards lpg conversions at leist. how much is it costing you to convert it may i ask?

3. mattyg Premium Member Club Supporter

Hi thanks for the prompt reply I've had a load of prices ranging from 1100 to 1800 some you wouldn't let fix your lawnmower some you would trust with your life !.Settled on one for 1500 through the lpg forum with loads of happy customers.

Thanks will give them a call

Matt

4. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    May I ask which system you'll be having installed Matt ?

5. mattyg Premium Member Club Supporter

Its going to be an Emer system with multipoint flashlube its supposed to be decent kit from what i have read about it made in canada and only available for professional install apparently. Im not too hung up on the big brands to be honest as most of the installers i have spoken to seem to think that the lesser known brands are as reliable if looked after properly. Saying that got a brc system fitted to my current car its been on for 90000 miles and all I've done to it is changed the filters and cleaned the solenoids every 12000 miles.
    Matt

6. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

To be honest, I've been an LPG user since 2005 and an LPG installer since 2008, personally on a car like the Legend I would only consider BRC or Prins. Probably the Prins with Prins flashlube.

I've fitted the budget systems and they have there place and as you say do a good job but I wouldn't put them on this car.

I find that the installers will always big up the system that they install, LOL.

At the end of the day though, the choice is yours though bud :Smile:

7. mattyg Premium Member Club Supporter

Ok thanks for that i appreciate your opinion too but lots of people who fit brc have told me that its overated and only an exercise in great marketing much like most german cars lol. This emer kit i am lead to believe its a premium kit the pricing certainly seems to reflect that and all the reviews are great too.

Thanks matt

8. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

A lot actually depends on the installer, a top end system can still be botched in with a poor installation and not run right, conversely a budget system can be well installed and run spot on.

So do plenty of research on your installer also.

Keep us posted, if you can get the installer to take some pics whilst installing that you can post on here that would be great :Thumbup: