Accord lpg tank

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by motorbikelover, Saturday 30th Jan, 2016.

  1. motorbikelover Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

    United Kingdom david mee mansfield notts
    166
    95
    2
    hi strange thing happened today may be @SpeedyGee can throw some light on ,since i bought my accord lpg in november i have filled up with gas at the same place (shell) even when i have run out i have never got more than £26 in the tank.this does me about 260 miles first gas level light goes out at around 45 miles (4 lights) today when i filled up at the same garage it took £38 and up to now has done 65 miles and all lights still on. i do not know the capacity of the tank and can only think the pump is set to cut of at to low a pressure has any one else had this problem.thanks for now david.
     
    Loading...
  2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

    England Speedy Birmingham
    14,999
    5,595
    4
    There's a multi valve on the tank, the multi valve has a float, the float raises as LPG goes into the tank. It's suppose to cut the filling off (roughly) at 80%. This 80% only fill leaves 20% spare space in the tank for expansion due to heat (such as temperature variance from a cold night to a very hot day).

    On yours' it looks like the float has failed to cut off the filling at 80%, instead allowed it to fill all the way up to 100%. This essentially means there's no room for expansion of the LPG.

    This maybe a one off occurance, it may never happen again, then again, it could do this for all fill ups now, or most likely it will be fine mostly but will start to get worse.

    See how it goes, if it doesn't happen again, then don't worry about it.

    If it does happen again, then you will need to get the multivalve changed on the tank.
     
    Loading...
  3. motorbikelover Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

    United Kingdom david mee mansfield notts
    166
    95
    2
    hi thanks for your reply somehow i though you would know what it was. i will not worry to much about it while the cold weather is here i will just keep an eye on the on how much i put in and reduce that when summer comes.thanks very much for you answer.next job is to replace the front lower compliance bushes that are giving me a steering shimmer overall i think for the size of the car it handles very well i put 2 firestones on the front and have 2 avon snow tyres on the back untill is snows then i will switch them but they tend to break away when you take tight corners and fast islands so i have to TRED carfully at the moment when when summer comes i will stick 2 more firestones on to replace the snows (£105 x 2 deliverd from mytyres.com) i fit my own tyres at work.thanks for now david.
     
    Loading...