Off-Topic Macbook pros being sold off on Amazon

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by RobB, Monday 18th Jun, 2012.

1. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Ichiban likes this.
  2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    can't anymore all monies tied in the new car :Blink: May be in a few months. Grab the bargains guys they hold their values like crazy as good as gold.

3. Pottermus Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Bargain???

The day I spend over £250 for a computer will be the day is how my rear in woolworths windows.

How do you justify that sort of money? If it still worked I'd still be using my Packard Bell Pentium 133.

4. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Each to his own taste Frankie. Some people like to have the latest and greatest (no matter what the cost) whilst for others its a necessity for their work.

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    You have a i-phone you know the capabilities and limitation of it so you are aware of apple and its brilliance, just imagine a machine which just work everytime anytime like a Honda.

no more spyware, no more malware, no more patch Tuesday, no needless tweaks to get decent performance , endless bolt on products to save it getting hacked. You put a windows machine on the internet with no protection I can guarantee in 30 minutes it will be compromised.

Internet is so dirty now you have to be a geek to save yourself.

for 250 quid I bet you moan to kingdom come or just put up with below par performance.

When Apple make a new operating system the upgrade is a tiny 25 quid how much to you have to pay to get a new Microsoft operating system ?

6. Nikonandmac Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

They just work ...

7. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Big news. The next OS is available next month.
    For the princely sum of £13.99.
    Come on Microsoft try and compete with that.

8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  9. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

How much! You could nearly buy a PC for that.

10. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Primary c Northampton
    I am about to kick my pc, let me down again and fed up now with fixing it. Am on the hunt for an imac, going to take the plunge and try Apple out. Never enjoyed the iphone so that went but I hear great things about the imac and never liked laptops so fingers crossed this will do. Just need to find one and sort some software for the camera.. Brother has macbook?? think thats what it is and he has never looked back.

11. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

The iMac is great Keith, Amazon quite often is the cheapest place to buy one. They are nearly always cheaper than going to Apple direct. What software do you need for the camera?

12. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

When I first got my MacBook Pro i hated it. I didn't know how anything worked and doing basic things seemed to take ages. I ordered mine direct from Apple and phoned them up asking to collect it. I then thought i'd give it another few days and in the end cancelled the collection. I woudn't be without it and as already said "It just works"

13. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Spot on if people have used Windows all their lives and go to mac it massive shock to see there is very few similarities. It breaking that initial learning curve, and once you mastered it you are flying on the Mac and will not look back.

I would recommended the apple one to one coaching for newbies it worth in gold.:Thumbup:

14. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

My favourite thing about my MacBook pro is the fact I can turn it on and it's ready in about ten seconds and turn it off and it shuts down in under five. I've never had any Pc that can do that.

15. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Windows SSD can do that but that's pushing it..

16. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

My Sony Vaio when i turn it on is ready to use in about same time.

17. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    naah that from hibernate mode :Tea: