General Magnecor HT leads, worth the extra?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by exec, Thursday 17th Sep, 2015.

1. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    Thinking of treating my car to some new HT leads, nothing wrong with the current ones, but they are nearly 17 years old so won't be as efficient as when they were new.

Got two options, standard OE ones by blueprint which are only £50, NGK are £75

Blueprint Ignition Leads ADH21616

Ignition Cable Kit NGK 8379 - Ignition/Preheating

or try these fancy Magnecor ones for nearly £90. Do they actually do anything extra, or just all marketing fad? I do like the red color.

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Magnecor do have a solid reputation if you had a desirable car or race car with a tuned engine then these HT leads do perform and are worth it. But as ever in an ideal world you need upgrade the coils packs to get the performance advantages.

Now will this be a worthwhile expense on stock 6th Generation accord that is choice you need to make. I would stick to OEM like for like.

exec likes this.
  3. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    I have a feeling they won't make a difference, might just get the BluePrint ones then.

I don't think I have coil packs, don't want to change the dizzy.

Cheers

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I would personally go for the NGK, blue print are w@nk what is the price difference between the two bud,

5. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    NGK is £81 and the Blueprints are £47, i've always found BP decent quality, not on par with NGK but its nearly half the price.

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds