Electrical & Lights Main Beam

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by Primarycare, Friday 13th Apr, 2012.

1. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Primary c Northampton
    Hi

First time posting and a question, is the any adjustment to raise the Main beam as it falls quite low on my Accord. I am going to swap the bulbs to some better ones. Did the dip beam today swapping them from stock to Ring 120% Brighter ones way way way better.

The Ring bulbs bulbs are better than the Philips Vision Plus and the Osram Knight brakers I had in the old VW oil burner.. £14 pair on *Bay.

These I am sure will help the main beam but I want to adjust them up a little as well if this is poss?? Any ideas please..

Many thanks

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Bud take my advice I had Genuine Honda headlight bulbs on my tourer and they were perfect, then some bizarre reason I replaced them for so called brighter "nighthbreakers" which only lasted 8 months.

It is a standing joke now after my car failed it MOT as the sodding things didn't work at the time of the MOT. Take my advise stick to the Honda Stanley bulbs. The Japanese know their bulbs they don't fail they keep on going.

I have now reverted to Honda genuine bulbs and changed both :Whistle:.On my wife's car the original bulbs were perfect for eight long years before I changed it to HID's, that says it all really .

All I will say the original bulbs are not immense on brightness but they are reliable as hell, don't expect these aftermarket bulbs to last thou.

3. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Primary c Northampton
    Thanks for the advice

I drive a fair bit at night and had the Philips in my old Vdub for 3 years and were ok, far better than the stock bulbs. I admit I have not tried the Ring bulbs and agree with you on the Osram nightbreakers. They were good while they lasted though. I need somehow to bring the main beam level up a tad as it falls too short for me.

Thanks for the pearls of wisdom.

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    No worries bud just hope you have more luck than me .