Electrical & Lights Main Beam

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by Fatzman, Saturday 21st Jan, 2012.

1. Fatzman Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi Guys
    New to the forum and new to Honda Accord Ownership (2004 Accord 2.4i-VTEC Executive Tourer).
    I'm just confused about my headlights.
    I'm of the understanding that the Accord has HID headlights but when i put mine onto main beam
    then they seem to be yellow (like halogen). The dipped beam is very white like HID (Xenon) but not the main.

Can anyone shed any light on the matter (pun intended)

Thanks in advance
    Martin.:cool:

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Hi Martin and welcome to AOC, you are correct prefacelift Executive models had factory fitted HID on low beams only.

Since low beams are used more than the high beam the low bean has the HID bulb encased in a projector lens. The high beam is on a traditional reflector type housing with a halogen bulb.

Only on the 8th Generation facelift model with the ADAS have we seen both low and high beam as one main projector beam it also has two new innovation for the first time. Active Cornering Lights & High Beam Support system.

For more info look here.

3. Fatzman Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi IchibanAccord
    Thanks for clearing that up for me.
    I might upgrade my full beam to xenon bulbs as the combo of HID & Halogen is a bit strange.

Martin

4. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I think what CJ means is that the pre-facelift had an option of HID for low beam headlights. My prefacelift Executive (and facelift) only had normal bulbs. Both have the projector style headlights though.

5. wooster Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I do a lot of night driving in my line of work and have some considerations...ish.
    The full HID lamps throw too many hard shadows IMHO.

I went for standard sidelights, super-brilliant (dipped as low as they go +40%) headlights and etxreme-brilliance (+90%) full beam jobs from Halfords (2 for 1 deal), and it isn't a bad mix.

6. Fatzman Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks for the advice guys. I've just put some Ring Extreme 120+ into the main beam. They at least give me a spread of light in the same(ish) spectrum as the HID's.Tried them last night on a quick drive into the country but not long enough to give any real feedback.

Thanks for your time
    Martin

7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Martin please do post any pictures of the before and after if possible.