General Main Dealers

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ArcticFire-Account Closed, Wednesday 13th Nov, 2013.

1. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    After some indirect and also direct bad experiences with several Honda dealers (except for the local parts department who were fantastic) it would seem that Mazda Main Dealers are no better.

This car apparently had a major server done three weeks ago just before I bought it. £900+ of work.

I changed the pollen filter yesterday because it was so bad I could barely see any filter.

Here's the air filter which I changed tonight:

Mazda Air Filter.

Needless to say I don't trust the oil or the oil filter now and already have parts ready for a service. I'll also be changing the rear diff oil. It's absolute madness. The pollen filter took about 60 seconds and the air filter took about 45 seconds (it's four clips). Both parts can be had for under a tenner.

It's just another reason why I won't let dealers and many garages anywhere near my car unless I absolutely have to and where I can hopefully see the results visually.

2. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Sadly things like that happen all the time.If I had mechanical knowledge my car would not see any garage ever but since I am useless in that department I have not got much choice.
    I need to book my car in for valve clearance and while I don't mind paying whatever the price is I am dreading they will messed up my car and make it worse.
    It happened before.

3. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    I mind I put my 6th Generation into an independent garage for valve adjustments and it came back sounding like a diesel. Took it back three or four times and it still came back sounding really, really bad. It wasn't even the fact they weren't doing it right that bothered me but more that they thought the insane clattering was normal! Got my uncle to do it and it sounded sweet so when it came to doing my 7th Generation I asked him to do it so I did the tutorial photos also. Was a good learning experience for me and I'd happily help do yours but you are kinda far away. Isn't there anyone on here who'd be confident following my tutorial on it for you?

4. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

There you go, for exact same reason I worry giving it to the garage to do valve clearance.I don't have time and money to rectify if they mess something up.
    Thanks for the offer but yes there is fair distance between us ha ha.
    I will get it done one way or another. I have your tutorial saved on my computer and I am sure it will be helpful if I grow some cojones and go for it myself.

5. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Some years ago we took my wife's HR-V to a main dealer(who no longer deals Honda) for a rear diff service. When we went to pick it up the front alloy was ground as though it had been out and badly kerbed!!!! The car had only the day before had a complete valet by myself and the tyres treated with tyre gloss. This had been scraped off and put onto the damage to hide it. When we pointed the damage out to the service manager he looked into it and came back and said the wheel was like that when you brought it in. I knew for a fact that it wasn't as it took us almost 6 months to find one that had perfect alloys fitted and this was it. So I said I want to speak to the general manager (what they didn't know was that my daughter had taken photographs after the valet and had some lovely ones of the perfect alloys?? The discussion got a little heated and my daughter came to the garage carrying her mobile with dated photographs and oh did he look red faced. So off he stormed to speak with the service staff. It then came to light that the so called mechanic whilst putting the car up on the hydraulic ramp had hit the safety guide at the side causing the damage which he tried to hide using the tyre dressing!!!:Messed: so after some butt kissing the GM said he would have to replace the wheel. That was a result but what happened when we took it to have the wheel replaced was even more problematic. They changed the wrong wheel ??? And in the process damaged the one they took off as like most scrap they threw it around the workshop when it was off. We looked at the car and asked which wheel had been changed then pointed out it was the wrong one,,, oh we'll put it back on the damaged side when they did we saw the damage that had been caused and it started again!!! In the end we got Two new alloys because of their poor shoddy practices. Now when my cars go into the main dealers they get a 100% going over before I even pay the bill....

Last edited: Friday 29th Nov, 2013