Jazz 07-14 [GE6]

1. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Ichiban submitted a new resource:

Maintenance Schedule for Normal Conditions - Jazz 07-14 [GE6]

Read more about this resource...

2. jazzway Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Netherlands Marlène Maasgouw
    I am confused by what i learned about the maintenance of our Jazz.

Except for replacing pollen- and air filter elements, and regular checking of fluids, it is not my intention to do the service maintenance myself. But i am always interested what has to be done and when, just to keep our car happy!

The Service Reminder System on our Jazz was disabled (i guess) before we bought the car and if i am right that can't be enabled again. No problem as there's a maintenance schedule in the owners manual. But there seems to be some big differences in the schedule in my owners manual and the maintenance schedule posted here! Okay, the one here is for the GE6 model and we have the GG3, but our owners manual mentions both motor types L13Z1 and L13Z2.

I hope someone can shine a light on the differences in the maintenance intervals, why and which is right?

Maintenance schedule for normal conditionsGE6 posted hereOur paper owners manual
    Replace air cleaner elementevery 60,000 km (37,500 miles)every 30,000 km
    Inspect valve clearanceevery 100,000 km (62,500 miles)every 40,000 km
    Replace fuel filter
    (Btw, at the owners website at honda.com there's no mention at all of replacing the fuel filter. Differs the Fit so much from our Jazz?)
    every 120,000 km or 7 yearsevery 80,000 km or 4 years
    Replace spark plugsevery 120,000 kmevery 100,000 km (iridium)
    Replace Manual Transmission Fluid
    (The i-SHIFT, which i learned, is an automatic manual transmission. )
    every 120,000 km (75,000 miles) or 8 yearsevery 120,000 km or 6 years
    There are a few more differences, but those are checking things.

3. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Legend The Big Smoke
    My guess.. weather and driving conditions. The schedule posted here would be relevant to UK cars and the one in handbook would have been designed with driving conditions of the cars resident country in mind.

jazzway likes this.
  4. jazzway Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Really? Except for some small to smaller hills in the south-east, the Netherlands is flat everywhere and we have the highest road quality of the world (okay, we pay a fortune vehicle tax for that). The weather isn't so much different from the UK, maybe a little more moderate.
    When our owners manual is written for the mainland of Europe then i understand the differences, but the Netherlands is not a country with poor roads and/or extreme weather like some other European countries.

5. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

That's my guess.

Another thing to note is that Jazz GD was supposed to have valve clearance done every 60k or something which was later changed to about 25k approx. . Some say it was after people complained that initial engines suffered from piston slap others jokingly said that because Jazz ended up being so reliable that Honda had to come up with a way of giving business to dealerships so reduced the interval.

Maybe such is the case here? 4 years for a fuel filter is a short amount of time as most cars don't need it ever. I'm sure mine at 103k has never been changed even though it had full history until 2013

jazzway likes this.
  6. jazzway Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

I do not asking all this to do less maintenance on the car, on the contrary! Engine oil + filter is/will be replaced twice a year and i have ordered the genuine Honda MTF-3 transmission oil and brake fluid for replacement in two weeks. Our car will go to my brother-in-law, who owns an independent garage, next month. He maintained our previous car and i trust him.

But i do like to understand the differences in the service maintenance schedule between the UK and the Netherlands for the same car. And i wish dealerships and garages the best business, but not with over-maintaining on my costs. :Wink:

As for the fuel filter that is located in the fuel tank under the front seats, i also asked that on Clubjazz when i saw an old topic about it. They said it's a lifetime filter. This afternoon i called the Honda dealer where i ordered the above stuff and asked them as they sell the fuel filter for €115. They also told me it's a lifetime filter and only needs to be replaced when there are problems. Why the owners manual wants to replace it every 4 years they had no anwser. :Wassat:

7. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Pass Honda keep changing the service schedules. What always printed in the Owners manual is soon superseded by updated info by Honda.

jazzway and legend-ary like this.
  9. jazzway Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks @legend-ary and @Ichiban !

With the quite a few Honda's he maintains, years and years experience and all up-to-date manufacturer's technical data, service- and schedule stuff, i leave this to my brother in law.
    Curiosity killed the cat. :drunk::Whiteflag:

10. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

If you follow the schedule with the shorter interval you won't go far wrong.