General Major Problems, After battery change. Windows not working need help!

Discussion in '4th Generation (2004-2012) [Acura RL]' started by Sam-Legend, Thursday 30th Oct, 2014.

1. Sam-Legend Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi,
    Needing some advice and help recently I had the battery changed on my Honda Legend KB1 and I noticed that the drivers side control switch is not working 100% , the both front drivers and passengers work via the drivers controller but when I try to open or close the rear windows it does not work.
    I have tried the reset procedures which are on youtube holding the switch on the bottom and top position for 2 secs and this did not help, I have looked in the manuals and I have even tried the keyfob remote automatic opening and closing of the sunroof and windows and this has also stopped working I know for sure before the battery change these worked perfectly. I would appreciate any pointers or help or advice anyone can give me.

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  4. mattyg Premium Member Club Supporter

Hi I think I had to reset every window and the sunroof for the switch to work correctly again

Matt

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Try resetting the Power Window Control Unit this is the procedure.

1. Turn the ignition switch ON (II).

2. Move the window all the way down by using the window DOWN switch.

3. Open the driver's door. NOTE: Step 4 −7 must be done within 5 seconds of each other.

4.Turn the ignition switch OFF.

5. Push and hold the window DOWN switch.

6. Turn the ignition switch ON (II).

7. Release the window DOWN switch.

8. Repeat Step 4 −7 three more times.

9. Wait 1 second.

10. Confirm that AUTO UP and AUTO DOWN do not work. If AUTO UP and DOWN work, go back to Step 1 .

11. Move the window all the way down by using the window DOWN switch.

12. Pull up and hold the window UP switch until the window reaches the fully closed position, then continue to hold the switch for 1 second.

13. Confirm that the power window control unit is reset by using the window AUTO UP and AUTO DOWN function. If the window still does not work in AUTO, repeat the procedure several times, paying close attention to the 5 second time limit between steps.

naslam968 likes this.
  6. Sam-Legend Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi, yes. sorry for the late reply firstly thank you for your input.
    I tried the reset procedure on the drivers controller but that didn't work I had to individual go to each switch to do the rest .
    Once again thanks

7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    So after the individual window reset did that work?

8. Sam-Legend Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

hi, lol sorry for not being clear about it , yes the individual reset of each switch did the job and it was the only way for me to get the windows in the rear and sunroof to work properly

Ichiban likes this.
  9. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Champion! One to remember for the next time.