Detailing Makita HW131 Pressure washer

Discussion in 'Detailing & Cleaning' started by Ichiban, Saturday 1st Sep, 2012.

1. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    After years of using the rubbish German Kärcher I have given up and condemned and yellow piece of junk.Prior to this I have always bought the mid range to semi pro Kärcher and found the reliability of these worse than the entry level.Today with the weather being pretty decent I was raring to go get the cars all cleaned , but the yellow piece of junk had other ideas!! it self destructed and died squealing I was so mad I took the sledge hammer and bashed it into oblivion into a heap of plastic rubbish :Happy: I have to admit bashing the Kärcher felt so righteous :Innocent: felt all that stress just vanish into thin air.

Came inside feeling smug after getting rid of one of my German made device and ordered a Japanese Makita HW131 Pressure washer it should be here next week.:Thumbup:I am on a warpath and told Helen today we need to get rid of all German made devices in our house immediately, from today there is a ban on all German made goods in our house.

Sharp and Panasonic are the two preferred vendors for all household products from now as these are two only Japanese manufacturers who have nearly everything we need. I just hope the other Japanese manufacturer enter the UK market sooner.

bijomaru, Doc and AccordCU2 like this.
  2. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

LOL Do not get rid of coffee machine,i like that coffee even though is B_ _ _h.

3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    That damn thing is still there I fixed it when it broke down the first time, but I will be helping it along to die soon and get the three piece set from Panasonic ,the toaster the kettle and the coffee machine.

New Design Icons for The Kitchen -Panasonic UK & Ireland

I was so livid with the yellow piece of junk a neighbours came out running after hearing the smashing. In his words don't do that "I will fix it " I told him it all your after I finished killing it, the rage in my eyes was enough for him to make a sharp retreat.

I guess he will avoid me after today episode :Rolf:.

4. Doc Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Matt Peterborough
    It's such a shame no one was there to video you loosing your rag and annihilating it with the sledge hammer.

That Panasonic kitchen ware looks really nice. And being Panasonic you know it will work well and last.

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Doc the thought had crossed my mind my excuse don't have a tripod to mount the camera. LOL . Yup the Panasonic range is really impressive no more cheap ebay LED bulbs for home .
    Products - Lighting - Overview - LED light bulbs - Home Use -Panasonic UK & Ireland

even power tools it will be a match off with Makita now. Products - Power Tools -Overview -Panasonic UK & Ireland

That kitchen set and the other products I am extremely impressed.

6. alloy36 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

This is genuinly one of the most hilarious posts i've read on this forum. Good luck with the next one

Ichiban likes this.
  7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Its here ordered on Saturday arrived today and it was waiting for me.
    A quick unbox and assembly and here is the finished article . The washer is really heavy and looks really sturdy ,ceramic piston all fitting are in brass can't complain. The lance is really long and heavy.

First test run on the weekend. :Whistle:I could see the curtains moving at my neighbour house "here come the nutter"

photo.
    photo(7).

photo(6).

8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I used the pressure washer this weekend and it REALLY good ,its quieter than than the yellow piece of junk. It lifts the dirty away really well, the results are far exceeded my expectation when I was rinsing the dirty car .

It lifted all the grim on low pressure setting ! the yellow piece of junk could not do that on a quick blast at high pressure.

On the negative side the power washer is not a looker and on really close inspection the Italiano made plastic looks really bad i would say its worse than the yellow piece of junk.

if the only negative is aesthetically it not great but it performs well then so be it.

9. angaadi Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hai,(Ichiban)
    Do not know if it is a little odd to respond to one year old post,but trust the makita is not leaving you in a bad mood . I have a question related to cleaners. I have a 93 accord in a very bad shape.I am planning to bring this back to life. As all the wheels are jammed and the rest of the car in equally a bad shape, I am toying with the idea of buying a steam cleaner so that all the dirt is cleared more effectively . Any idea if this approach would give a good result or should I buy a regular car washer which I am reluctant for its size.
    Regards

10. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Hi I bought the Mikita this year in September, it only a month old bud..:Wink: If the wheel and the car is bad shape you don't want to be using aggressive cleaning methods , it would be a better of dismantling the parts you need to cleans and using gentle cleaners and gradually remove the grime. Steam cleaners are good for oily and stubborn caked on dirt, also to bear in mind steam cleaners are not kind to rubber it will cause more damage to older rubber.

Steam cleaner are ideal for clean engine parts when you are overhauling the engine.

I would use PH based cleaners and not acidic based cleaners .like this Step 1 - POR-15 Marine Clean - 3.785 litres (US Gallon) - Paint & Anti-Rust from Holden Vintage & Classic

11. Doc Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Matt Peterborough
    That looks like a good bit of kit, very sturdy and up to the job. :Thumbup: If aesthetics are the only issue then it shouldn't be problem, assuming it bears no reflection on the quality of manufacture of the rest of the product.

Is there any chance of the high pressure causing damage to the paint work, or are there any areas which should be avoided? I've always avoided using them, especially on older cars, in case the high pressure was to catch an edge of the paint work and possibly cause it to lift or get between the paint and lacquer.

People have mentioned before about using foam lances, are these gentler on paintwork than just using water?

12. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I have bought a foam lance for the Makita just that you guys know you need a M22 fitting for it to work.

Pictures to follow shortly.